Knight of Columbus Family Mass Saturday at 5 PM and Chalice presentation

  • Nick Lonergan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012

      This Saturday at the 5 PM Vigil Mass, the Knights of Columbus 4th degree Assembly will present to Msgr. Wildor Pierre of Haiti, the Chalice and Ciborium. This is a surprise to him as he is unaware that he has been selected to receive this special gift. The Council has agreed to make this mass our quarterly Family Mass also. We would like to have a nice showing of the Knights of Columbus and their families at this mass to honor Msgr. Pierre while making this presentation more memorable.  The Assembly Color Guard will be present along with some of the families of the deceased Sir Knights honored on the Chalice. The families of the deceased members will be seated in the front rows on the left center of the church.

      The council will have some of the pews reserved on the right center of the church for members of the council and their families. If you attend this mass, please you and your families join us in these rows. If possible we ask that you dress in a coat and tie and wear you name badges. Children are welcome. If for some reason you can't or forget either of the above, please join us anyway. Again we would like to make an nice showing of the Knights of Columbus to Msgr. Pierre and also to our parish community. We surely do not want to have empty pews.

      When you come to mass, please be prompt, the men are to meet in the rear of the church so we can follow the Color Guard in at the beginning of mass. The families of members are to go and be seated in the reserved pews on the right center of church, saving a place for their spouse who will join their families after entering with the Color Guard.

      Please try to alter your normal worship plans to attend this mass and it won't hurt to make multiple masses this weekend if necessary. Hope to see you at mass Saturday.

      You may also attend the 11:30 mass Sunday which Msgr. Pierre will preside over and there will be a reception following that mass to welcome Msgr. Pierre to our parish. I'm sure he will be using his new Chalice and Ciborium.

      Nick Lonergan, PGK
      985-727-3600