1773Fw: Alert: Fortnight for Freedom

  • emty83
    Jun 20, 2014

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 3:03 PM
      Subject: Alert: Fortnight for Freedom

      Dear Brother Knights,

      On June 21 – July 4, Catholics throughout the nation will commemorate the annual Fortnight for Freedom. This period of prayer, fasting, and advocacy will be a time for faithful Americans to respond to the many threats to religious liberty our country currently faces. This year’s theme is the “Freedom to Serve,” which highlights the good that Catholic apostolates do for the poor.

      For information on this year’s fortnight and suggestions on what you can do on behalf of our religious liberties, we encourage you to visit www.fortnight4freedom.org. As leaders in your parish communities, we encourage you to organize and participate in activities in cooperation with your priests and parish leadership. Individually, we ask you to offer special prayers and sacrifices on behalf of our precious First Amendment religious freedoms during the Fortnight.

      The Knights of Columbus throughout the years has been steadfast in its defense of our First Amendment right to religious freedom. In union with our priests and bishops, we can continue this legacy through our enthusiastic support of the Fortnight for Freedom.

      Carl A. Anderson
      Supreme Knight

      This email was sent to emty83@... from info@....

      This email was sent by: Knights of Columbus. Knights of Columbus Headquarters | 1 Columbus Plaza | New Haven | CT | 06510

      If you do not wish to receive further messages from us, please click here to unsubscribe.