1751Re: Major Degree

  • Carl Guichard
    May 14, 2014
      Brother Knights of the Council,

      We are holding an event at MPQ this Saturday where you can obtain your much needed 2nd and 3rd Degrees, both, in just a few hours and without travel to another Council in a far off Parish. If you would like to attend, or at least come and help those of us putting on the event, please come around 8 am on Saturday. There will be approximately 45 Knights from Southern Louisiana coming for these Degrees.

      If you are going to obtain your 2nd / 3rd degree come dressed in nice slacks and dress shirt. Some attendees wear a sports coat but not mandated. We will have donuts and coffee available. The event starts at 9 and lunch will be served at approximately 11:30. You don't have to stay for lunch but you are invited.

      Knights wanting to help (we currently have 7 planning to support), please come as able before 8:30. Steve will need a little help in the kitchen. We need some Knights to sit at the registration tables, some to keep the coffee and donuts fresh and other Knights to help direct folks around the campus as needed.

      Also, we are meeting Friday afternoon at 4:30 PM to set up the chairs in the Parish Center, black out the few windows there, set up the tables and coffee urns...

      Thank Nick. Great job coordinating with our foreseen six Knights seeking their 2nd and 3rd Degrees. We will each bring the list of names you have provided and the eight of us who have confirmed to be there running the event will make sure our own Knights are supported during the event.

      Friday afternoon setup at 4:30 pm
      Saturday morning event at 8 am

      God Bless,

      Carl Guichard
      Grand Knight

      On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Nick Lonergan <nlonergan@...> wrote:

      We have one additional member planning on attending the 2nd/3rd exemplification this weekend.

      Tim Kervin

      This give us a total of 6 who have responded.

      Nick
      On Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:40 AM, Nick Lonergan <nlonergan@...> wrote:
      Brother Knights,

      So far I have received responses from five brothers who plan on being candidates for this Major Degree.
      Dennis Fitzgerald
      Wayne Cook
      Charles Raymond
      Richard Bordes
      Roland Hymel
      Paul Bouysou, a third degree member has responded that he will be there also. Frank Courntenay said he can help early Saturday morning but has to leave early.

      Nick Lonergan
      On Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:39 AM, Bill McCrossen <wjm4727@...> wrote:
      Gentlemen,

      Here is an update. St Anslem Council has told me that they will have ten candidates for the degree and they will also furnish 4 volunteers to work. I also have a candidate from a Council in Bailey, CO.

      Thanks

      Bill McCrossen
      DD14

      Sent from my iPhone