      From: "Supreme Knight Carl Anderson" <noreply@...>
      Date: Jan 17, 2014 5:04 PM
      Subject: First Degree Exemplifications by Video
      To: "Carl Guichard" <ctguichard@...>

      M E M O R A N D U M

      TO:       State Deputies
          State Ceremonial Chairmen
          District Deputies
          Grand Knights

      FROM: Carl A. Anderson
          Supreme Knight

      DATE:  January 17, 2014

      RE:       First Degree Exemplifications by Video

      Ensuring the growth of the Order today and in the future must be a perennial priority for fraternal leaders at every level of the Order. All of the good we offer to our Church and communities depends on councils continuously welcoming more and more qualified Catholic men into our ranks.

      To facilitate the timely admission of new members, I am pleased to announce that, effective immediately, councils are authorized to host First Degree exemplifications using a new Supreme Council-produced video presentation of our initiation ceremonial.

      It must be noted that many councils maintain certified First Degree teams that render an outstanding service by exemplifying the principles of the Order through the live presentation of our degrees. Live degrees remain the preferred method by which candidates are to be admitted and advanced through the degrees, and I encourage degree teams to continue to schedule frequent live exemplifications. The video presentation of the First Degree is meant to supplement their efforts and ensure that every prospective member can be admitted without unnecessary delay.

      Please visit https://www.kofc.org/oo for additional instructions and to access the First Degree video online. A DVD copy will follow by regular mail in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Ceremonials section of the Department of Fraternal Services at ceremonials@... or 203-752-4346.

      This email was sent to ctguichard@... from info@....

      This email was sent by: Knights of Columbus. Knights of Columbus Headquarters | 1 Columbus Plaza | New Haven | CT | 06510

      If you do not wish to receive further messages from us, please click here to unsubscribe.