1682Knights of Columbus Council Meeting Tuesday January 21

  • Nick Lonergan
    Jan 16, 2014
      Brother Knights,

      The MQP Knights of Columbus will have its monthly council meeting this Tuesday, January 21st  in the school cafeteria. Officers will meet at 6:30 PM, Rosary at 7:00 and a meal will be served at approximately 7:20. Our general meeting should begin at approximately 7:50.

      Another reminder that our dues statements have been sent out. Please remember to pay your dues. These funds help pay for the National and State Catholic campaigns and support our local charitable capabilities. As mentioned in a previous newsletter our council is assessed by Supreme and our State Council for each of our members, therefore if one does not keep current on his dues our council looses his portion from our budget and our charitable funds are diminished. If you need assistance on the timing of your dues, contact our Financial Secretary, Harry Ryan at 624-5532 (hmriii@...). If you can't make the meeting, you can mail your dues ($50.00) to him at 1891 LOGAN LN, Mandeville, La 70448, made out to Knights of Columbus.

      New membership. If anyone has someone, a relative, friend, co-worker, who they would like to join the Knights of Columbus, please contact me. I have someone going through their first degree next Wednesday, January 22. It would be nice to have more than one from our council attend this degree. We need them to obtain and fill out a form 100 which we have in the rear of the church and submitted to our council on January 21.

      During our January meeting we will be discussing the Super Bowl Gumbo Fundraiser scheduled for February 1st and 2nd. and begin discussion on our upcoming Fish Fries which begin March 7th and go for six weeks. This is our major fund raiser.

      Nick Lonergan, PGK
      Membership Director
      985-727-3600