1610Charitable Event - Walk for The Poor 09_28_2013

  • Nick Lonergan
    Sep 23, 2013
    Brother Knights,

    Mary Queen of Peace Knights of Columbus has volunteered to support the St. Vincent de Paul Walk for the Poor event taking place on the Mandeville Lakefront (corner of Jefferson across from yacht club) Saturday September 28. Our council has volunteered to cook hot dogs and chili. We have asked our K of C Knights to help cook and serve. You are welcome to help. Wear your KC shirt and badges. Our set-up will be at 7:30 AM.  Those planning on helping can use the attached vehicle parking pass.

    Registration for the walk will be from 8a to 9a with the one mile round-trip walk to start shortly after the blessing at 9a.  After the walk, walkers eat, drink, and make merry and the whole thing is done for noon.  They are expecting 250 walkers.  Other K of C Councils are handling drinks, desserts, red beans and rice, and jambalaya.

    A Waiver will need to be signed by any Knight who will be on the grounds assisting.  This is for insurance purposes.  Attached is a waiver which will be collected on the day of the walk. We will also have copies for signing at the walk.