FW: Selling Toothbrushes

  • Ann Kraut
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011

      Selling Toothbrushes

      The kids filed back into class Monday morning. They were very excited.

      Their weekend assignment was to sell something, then give a talk on productive salesmanship.

      Little Sally led off: "I sold girl scout cookies and I made $30," she said proudly,

      "My sales approach was to appeal to the customer's civil spirit and I credit that approach for my obvious success."

      "Very good," said the teacher.

      Little Jenny was next:

      "I sold magazines," she said, "I made $45 and I explained to everyone that magazines would keep them up on current events."

      "Very good, Jenny," said the teacher.

      Eventually, it was Little Dalton's turn.

      The teacher held her breath.

      Little Dalton walked to the front of the classroom and dumped a box full of cash on the teacher's desk and smugly said: "$2,467.

      "$2,467!" cried the teacher, "What in the world were you selling"

      "Toothbrushes," said Little Dalton.

      "Toothbrushes," echoed the teacher, "How could you possibly sell enough tooth brushes to make that much money?"

      "I found the busiest corner in town," said Little Dalton,

      "I set up a Dip & Chip stand, I gave everybody who walked by a free sample."

      They all said the same thing, "Hey, this tastes like dog shit!"

      Then I would say, "It is dog shit. Wanna buy a toothbrush?"

      "I used the governmental approach of giving you something shitty that they say is good, and then making you pay to get the shitty taste out of your mouth."

      Don't you just love little Dalton and what he has done to Ontario now that he is all grown up!

      HST - the "Holy Shit Tax!"

      CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential threats.
      Version 2.0 / Build 4.03.29.01
      Get free PC security at http://www.cyberdefender.com