RE: [#knowitall] Re: Fw: Life stages - VIRUS WARNING

  • Geoff Allan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2000
      You're absolutely right. And I never have, and never would. Strangely
      enough, this one opened in auto-preview, which should NOT happen. The only
      thing changed on my computer lately is I installed ICQ2000b, which messed
      with Outlook. It added some kind of URL sniffer, which I turned off... and
      yet it STILL flashes into the Outlook toolbar when I start Outlook.

      So, I conclude that ICQ2000b disabled the normal protection that Outlook has
      against opening .shs files in autopreview.

      And again, I apologize for that being sent. I can assure you, it has been
      extremely embarassing for me... I should (and do) know better.

      Geoff Allan
      CodeTech