Aren't you glad?

  • loenla
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2005
      Aren't you glad you didn't say these?

      Before opening your mouth to utter anything, think about what you are
      going to say very well. Speaking is like firing a gun--your words are
      your bullets and once fired, they are hard to redeem and rectify.
      Here's an amusing assemblage of some of the dumbest things ever said
      by people, some of whom you'd never suspect capable. The fact that
      some of the quotes are frighteningly sub-human proves that stupidity
      is not a monopoly of the lower species of the animal kingdom.

      HISTORIC RELICS

      "The sun revolves around the earth which is the center of the
      universe."--Almost everyone, before Galileo invented the telescope.
      The Catholic Church proclaimed Galileo a heretic because he
      maintained that the earth and the other planets revolved around the
      sun, a concept contrary to the Church's teachings.

      "The earth is flat."--Almost anyone alive before Columbus' voyage.

      "Radio has no future; heavier-than-air flying machines are
      impossible."--Lord Kelvin, 1894

      "Man will not fly for another 50 years."--Wilbur Wright, 1901

      "Who the heck wants to hear actors talk?"--Harry M. Warner, Warner
      Brothers, 1927

      "A woman's place is in the home."--Almost any man in the 1950s

      "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their
      home."--Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

      "DUH!" FROM CELEBRITIES

      Wisdom may guarantee celebrity, but celebrity is certainly not a
      guarantee for wisdom as the following quotes affirm:

      "China is a big country with a lot of Chinese people living there."--
      Charles De Gaulle, former French President

      "I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I
      have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could
      converse with those people."--Dan Quayle, ex-US Vice-President

      "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever,
      because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live
      forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live
      forever."--Miss Alabama at the 1994 Miss Universe contest

      "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part
      of you life."--Brooke Shields, actress

      "Go see it and see for yourself why you shouldn't go see it."--Samuel
      Goldwyn, Hollywood producer

      "Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly
      around women. And I hope I never get into that."--Bill Clinton,
      former US President

      "Where the hell is Australia anyway?"--Britney Spears, singer

      "Fiction writing is great; you can make up almost anything."--Ivana
      Trump, ex-wife of Donald Trump, on her first novel

      "I can do anything you want me to do as long as I don't have to
      speak."--Linda Evangelist, supermodel

      "In an action film you act in the action, in a drama film you act in
      the drama."--Jean-Claude Van Damme, actor

      "You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets
      a chance to have their fair say."--Bill Clinton

      "Deals work best when each side gets something it wants from the
      other."--Donald Trump, entrepreneur and real estate magnate

      "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the
      world, I can't help but cry. I mean I would love to be skinny like
      that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."--Mariah
      Carey, singer

      "Solutions are not the answer."--Richard Nixon, former US President

      "I loved Jordan. He was one of the greatest athletes of our time."--
      Mariah Carey, singer, on hearing of the death of the King of Jordan

      "They misunderestimated me."--George W. Bush, US President

      "I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."--Britney Spears

      "...More and more of our imports are coming from overseas."--George
      W. Bush

      "To have a niece die in your arms is the greatest gift from God."--
      Celine Dion, singer

      "Every minute was more exciting than the next."--Linda Evans, actress

      "And Helena got six inches during the night...Helena, Montana, that
      is!"--Weather newscaster on KHAR-TV, Alaska

      "The Philippines is in a strategic position. It is both East and
      West, right and left, rich and poor. We are neither here nor there."--
      Imelda Marcos, at a press conference for the 1982 Manila
      International Film Festival

      QUOTES YOU WISH YOU HAD SAID

      Okay, okay! Let's not give examples of statements that we could only
      dream of authoring. Here are quotes that would make you wish you were
      as wise and witty (or whatever!) to have said:

      "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."--Andy McIntyre

      "Ask not what your country can do for you-ask what you can do for
      your country"--John F. Kennedy, inaugural address

      "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."--
      Malcolm S. Forbes

      "Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open
      one's mouth and remove all doubt."--Samuel Johnson

      "I get so tired listening to one million dollars here, one million
      dollars there; it's so petty."--Imelda Marcos

      "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked
      about."--Oscar Wilde

      "The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds
      like a saddle horse."--Jacqueline Kennedy

      "Win or lose, we go shopping after the election."--Imelda Marcos

      Disclaimer: We have compiled these quotes from different sources and
      although we strove to include only legitimate ones, we cannot
      guarantee the authenticity of all. Enjoy them for their entertainment
      value. :)