galaxy servers

  • daisy
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2004
      whats up with the galaxynet servers? are they all down?
    • Kristina
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 7, 2004
        I couldn't get in either :(

        daisy <daisy@...> wrote:
        whats up with the galaxynet servers? are they all down?

        Post message: knowitall@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: knowitall-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (blank message)
        Contact moderator: knowitall-owner@yahoogroups.com

        Read messages on the web:

        For more information about #knowitall:
        http://www.knowitall-site.info

        Kristina

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Karin Nichols
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 7, 2004
          I left KIA at 2:45 this afternoon, I tried to get back in at 5:30 p.m.
          and haven't had any luck since then.

          Karin (sisu1kar)
        • Ida Koelstra
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
            how weird..the bot has been running ok all night
            and some ppl joining and playing..there are no netsplits
            miro, steve and mrgood are here rightnow

            ooh..ok..i went to #outerlimits and they tell me the dns server is down
            /server galaxynet.online.be
            would work though
            keep trying and good luck!

            Alisa

            > I left KIA at 2:45 this afternoon, I tried to get back in at 5:30 p.m.
            > and haven't had any luck since then.
            >
            > Karin (sisu1kar)
            >

            > Post message: knowitall@yahoogroups.com
            > Subscribe: knowitall-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (blank message)
            > Contact moderator: knowitall-owner@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > Read messages on the web:
            >
            > For more information about #knowitall:
            > http://www.knowitall-site.info
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Karin Nichols
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
              Seems like it is all of us in north america who can't connect into
              galaxy net, I know Lee was having trouble too.

              Sisu1kar
            • Peachy Girl
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
                i got in, seems canada was unaffected.. must be the 49th parallell thing
                hehehhe

                >From: Karin Nichols <karin267@...>
                >To: knowitall@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [#knowitall] galaxy servers
                >Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:54:05 -0400
                >
                >Seems like it is all of us in north america who can't connect into
                >galaxy net, I know Lee was having trouble too.
                >
                >Sisu1kar

                STOP MORE SPAM with the MSN Premium and get 2 months FREE*
              • Karin Nichols
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
                  guess so, under the line as always! :)

                  sisu
                • Peachy
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 10, 2004
                    ok the whole net is totally unstable AGAIN today.
                    if this keeps up the channel will lose more players
                    this has been going on from the time knowitall left beyondirc.
                    it hasnt gotten better, in fact, it's worse.

                    hello?? hello?? bueller... bueller.. is this thing on?????
                  • Karin Nichols
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 10, 2004
                      The server kept having problems yesterday too! I think I like beyondirc
                      much better myself.

                      sisu
                    • Peachy Girl
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 10, 2004
                        i cannot agree with you MORE

                      • ngretchenrs@earthlink.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 10, 2004
                          As you know I don't like galaxy net very much, but in fairness... the internet problems yesterday and the day before, and possibly today too, were probably caused by a backbone server being down. People that connected to beyondirc.net were also having problems, the east coast could not talk to the west coast.
                          Tuesday I could not connect to any server on galaxynet from work, yet I was able to from home. Different ISP's going to different backbones is the only explanation I have. Bilbo [Florida] and I [Missouri] seemed to be the only ones from the US that could connect to Galaxynet. Rhinolola [Louisiana] couldnt connect to galaxy at all and she tried all the servers. Yet she could talk to me in Yahoo (which maybe uses it own backbone or satellite, I don't know). She could only connect to west coast servers on Birc, when she tried an east coast server it redirected her to a west coast server.

                          The fact that so many of you could not get on... and the weirdness of what people could connect to, tells me it was a backbone. There are at least 6 backbone servers in the US, that carry all the internet traffic for the US. If one goes down, this is what happens, one part of the country cannot communicate with the other half. And all it takes is an idiot on a backhoe digging in the wrong place to cause a major outage.

                          I hope this helps to alleviate some of your frustration.

                          MOdreams