Long but an interesting read!!

  • Karen B
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
      very long but a good read.......enjoy......

      >Read this conversation between a boy and his Dad.
      >
      > A Little boy asks his Daddy ...
      > >
      > >Q: Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?
      > >
      > >A: Because they had weapons of mass destruction.

      > >Q: But the inspectors didn't find any weapons of
      mass destruction.

      > >A: That's because the Iraqis were hiding them.

      > >Q: And that's why we invaded Iraq?
      > >
      > >A: Yep. Invasions always work better than
      inspections.

      > >Q: But after we invaded them, we STILL didn't find
      any weapons of mass
      destruction, did we?

      > >A: That's because the weapons are so well hidden.
      Don'tworry,we'll find
      something, probably right before the 2004 election. ?

      > > Q: Why did Iraq want all those weapons of mass
      destruction?

      > > A: To use them in a war, silly.

      > > Q: I'm confused. If they had all those weapons
      that they plannedto use
      in a war, then why didn't they use any of those
      weapons when we went to war
      with them?

      > >A: Well, obviously they didn't want anyone to know
      they had those
      weapons, so they chose to die by the thousands rather
      than defend
      themselves.

      > >Q: That doesn't make sense. Why would they choose
      to die if they had all
      those big weapons with which they could have fought
      back?

      > > >A: It's a different culture. It's not supposed to
      make sense.

      > > >Q: I don't know about you, but I don't think they
      had any of those
      weapons our government said they did.

      > > >A: Well, you know, it doesn't matter whether or
      not they had those
      weapons. We had another good reason to invade them
      anyway.

      > > >Q: And what was that?
      > > >
      > > >A: Even if Iraq didn't have weapons of mass
      destruction, Saddam
      Hussein was a cruel dictator, which is another good
      reason to invade
      another country.

      > > >Q: Why? What does a cruel dictator do that makes
      it OK to invade his
      country?

      > > >A: Well, for one thing, he tortured his own
      people.

      > > >Q: Kind of like what they do in China?
      > > >
      > > >A: Don't go comparing China to Iraq. China is a
      good economic
      competitor, where millions of people work for slave
      wages in sweatshops to
      make U.S.
      > > >corporations richer.

      > > >Q: So if a country lets its people be exploited
      for American corporate
      gain, it's a good country, even if that country
      tortures people?

      > > >A: Right.

      > > >Q: Why were people in Iraq being tortured?
      > > >
      > > >A: For political crimes, mostly, like criticizing
      the government.
      People who criticized the government in Iraq were sent
      to prison and
      tortured.

      > > >Q: Isn't that exactly what happens in China?
      > > >
      > > >A: I told you, China is different.

      > > >Q: What's the difference between China and Iraq?
      > > >
      > > >A: Well, for one thing, Iraq was ruled by the
      Ba'ath party,while China
      is Communist.

      > > >Q: Didn't you once tell me Communists were bad?
      > > >
      > > >A: No, just Cuban Communists are bad.

      > > >Q: How are the Cuban Communists bad?
      > > >
      > > >A: Well, for one thing, people who criticize the
      government in Cuba
      are sent to prison and tortured.

      > > >Q: Like in Iraq?
      > > >
      > > >A: Exactly.

      > > >Q: And like in China, too?
      > > >
      > > >A: I told you, China's a good economic
      competitor. Cuba, on the other
      hand, is not.

      > > >Q: How come Cuba isn't a good economic
      competitor?

      > > >A: Well, you see, back in the early 1960s, our
      government passed some
      laws that made it illegal for Americans to trade or do
      any business with
      Cuba
      > > >until they stopped being Communists and started
      being capitalists like
      us.

      > > >Q: But if we got rid of those laws, opened up
      trade with Cuba,
      andstarted doing business with them, wouldn't that
      help the Cubans become
      capitalists?

      > > >A: Don't be a smart-ass.

      > > >Q: I didn't think I was being one.
      > > >
      > > >A: Well, anyway, they also don't have freedom of
      religion in Cuba.

      > > >Q: Kind of like China and the Falun Gong
      movement?

      >A: I told you, stop saying bad things about China.
      Anyway, Saddam Hussein
      came to power through a military coup, so he's not
      really a legitimate
      leader anyway.

      > > >Q: What's a military coup?
      > > >
      > > >A: That's when a military general takes over the
      government of a
      country by force, instead of holding free elections
      like we do in the
      United States.

      > > >Q: Didn't the ruler of Pakistan come to power by
      a military coup?

      > > >A: You mean General Pervez Musharraf? Uh, yeah,
      he did, but Pakistan
      is our friend.

      > > >Q: Why is Pakistan our friend if their leader is
      illegitimate?

      > > >A: I never said Pervez Musharraf was
      illegitimate.

      > > >Q: Didn't you just say a military general who
      comes to power by
      forcibly overthrowing the legitimate government of a
      nation is an
      illegitimate leader?

      > > >A: Only Saddam Hussein. Pervez Musharraf is our
      friend,because he
      helped us invade Afghanistan.

      > > >Q: Why did we invade Afghanistan?
      > > >
      > > >A: Because of what they did to us on September
      11th.

      > > >Q: What did Afghanistan do to us on September
      11th?

      >A: Well, on September 11th, nineteen men - fifteen of
      them SaudiArabians -
      hijacked four airplanes and flew three of them into
      buildings, killing over
      3,000 mericans.

      > > >Q: So how did Afghanistan figure into all that?
      > > >
      > > >A: Afghanistan was where those bad men trained,
      under the oppressive
      rule of the Taliban.

      > > >Q: Aren't the Taliban those bad radical Islamics
      who chopped
      offpeople's heads and hands?

      > > >A: Yes, that's exactly who they were. Not only
      did they chop off
      people's >heads and hands, but they oppressed women,
      too.

      > > > Q: Didn't the Bush administration give the
      Taliban 43million dollars
      back in May of 2001?

      > > >A: Yes, but that money was a reward because they
      did such agoodjob
      fighting drugs.

      > > >Q: Fighting drugs?
      > > >
      > > >A: Yes, the Taliban were very helpful in stopping
      people fromgrowing
      opium poppies.

      > > >Q: How did they do such a good job?
      > > >
      > > >A: Simple. If people were caught growing opium
      poppies,
      theTalibanwould have their hands and heads cut off.

      > > >Q: So, when the Taliban cut off people's heads
      and hands forgrowing
      flowers, that was OK, but not if they cut people's
      heads andhandsoff for
      other reasons?

      > > >A: Yes. It's OK with us if radical Islamic
      fundamentalistscut off
      people's hands for growing flowers, but it's cruel if
      theycut off people's
      hands for stealing bread.

      > > >Q: Don't they also cut off people's hands and
      heads in SaudiArabia?

      > > >A: That's different. Afghanistan was ruled by a
      tyrannical patriarchy
      that oppressed women and forced them to wear burqas
      whenever they werein
      public, with death by stoning as the penalty for women
      whodid not comply.

      > > >Q: Don't Saudi women have to wear burqas in
      public, too?

      > > >A: No, Saudi women merely wear a traditional
      Islamic bodycovering.

      > > >Q: What's the difference?
      > > >
      > > >A: The traditional Islamic covering worn by Saudi
      women is a modest
      yet fashionable garment that covers all of a woman's
      body except for her
      eyes and fingers. The burqa, on the other hand, is an
      evil tool of
      patriarchal oppression that covers all of a woman's
      body except for here
      yes and fingers.

      > > >Q: It sounds like the same thing with a different
      name.

      > > >A: Now, don't go comparing Afghanistan and Saudi
      Arabia. The Saudis
      are our friends.

      > > >Q: But I thought you said 15 of the 19 hijackers
      on September11th were
      from Saudi Arabia.

      > > >A: Yes, but they trained in Afghanistan.

      > > >Q: Who trained them?
      > > >
      > > >A: A very bad man named Osama bin Laden.

      > > >Q: Was he from Afghanistan?
      > > >
      > > >A: Uh, no, he was from Saudi Arabia too. But he
      was a badman, avery
      bad man.

      > > >Q: I seem to recall he was our friend once.
      > > >
      > > >A: Only when we helped him and the mujahadeen
      repel the Soviet
      invasion of Afghanistan back in the 1980s.

      > > >Q: Who are the Soviets? Was that the Evil
      Communist Empire Ronald
      Reagan talked about?

      >A: There are no more Soviets. The Soviet Union broke
      up in 1990 or
      thereabouts, and now they have elections and
      capitalism like us. We call
      them Russians now.

      > > >Q: So the Soviets - I mean, the Russians - are
      now our friends?

      > > >A: Well, not really. You see, they were our
      friends for many years
      after they stopped being Soviets, but then they
      decided not to support our
      invasion of Iraq, so we're mad at them now. We're also
      mad atthe French and
      the Germans because they didn't help us invadeIraq
      either.

      > > >Q: So the French and Germans are evil, too?
      > > >
      > > >A: Not exactly evil, but just bad enough that we
      had to rename French
      fries and French toast to Freedom Fries and Freedom
      Toast.

      > > >Q: Do we always rename foods whenever another
      country doesn'tdowhat we
      want them to do?

      > > >A: No, we just do that to our friends. Our
      enemies, weinvade.

      > > >Q: But wasn't Iraq one of our friends back in the
      1980s?

      > > >A: Well, yeah. For a while.

      > > >Q: Was Saddam Hussein ruler of Iraq back then?
      > > >
      > > >A: Yes, but at the time he was fighting against
      Iran, which made him
      our friend, temporarily.

      > > >Q: Why did that make him our friend?
      > > >
      > > >A: Because at that time, Iran was our enemy.

      > > >Q: Isn't that when he gassed the Kurds?
      > > >
      > > >A: Yeah, but since he was fighting against Iran
      at the time,welooked
      the other way, to show him we were his friend.

      > > >Q: So anyone who fights against one of our
      enemies automatically
      becomes our friend?

      > > >A: Most of the time, yes.

      > > >Q: And anyone who fights against one of our
      friends is automatically
      an enemy?

      > > >A: Sometimes that's true, too. However, if
      American corporations can
      profit by selling weapons to both sides at the same
      time, all the better.

      > > >Q: Why?
      > > >
      > > >A: Because war is good for the economy, which
      means war is good for
      America. Also, since God is on America's side, anyone
      who opposes war is a
      >godless unAmerican Communist. Do you understand now
      why we attacked Iraq?

      > > >Q: I think so. We attacked them because God
      wanted us to,right?

      > > >A: Yes! You finally understand how the world
      works. Now close your
      eyes, make yourself comfortable, and go to sleep. Good
      night.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Geoff Allan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2003
        Anyone notice how this sort of ignorance is always aimed at children? Or
        has something to do with children?

        This is because people who think this way are usually naïve and
        childlike in their ignorance. Touching, isn't it?

        very long but a good read.......enjoy......

        >Read this conversation between a boy and his Dad.
        >
        > A Little boy asks his Daddy ...
        > >
        > >Q: Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?
        > >
        > >A: Because they had weapons of mass destruction.

        (loads of bullshit snipped out)