Chili

  • Geoff Allan
    Message 1 of 125 , Aug 1, 2002
      Message
      Texas Chili Cook Off

      I know this has been around before, but it is the funniest dam* story I
      have ever read, so here it is again, just in case some of you missed it.

      NOTE: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the
      first two judges, the reaction of the third is even better. For those of
      you who may have lived in Texas, you know how true this is! They actually
      have a chili cook-off about the time the rodeo comes to town. It takes up
      major portion of the parking lot at the Astrodome! You will likely want to
      read this behind closed doors because, if you are like me, you will be
      howling out loud.

      INEXPERIENCED CHILI TASTER Notes From An Inexperienced Chili Tester Named
      FRANK, who was visiting Texas from the East Coast: "Recently, I was honored
      to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in
      sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's
      table asking directions to the beer wagon, when the call came.

      I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili
      wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides, they told me I could have free
      beer during the tasting, So I accepted."

      Here are the scorecards from the event:

      CHILI # 1 MIKE'S MANIAC MOBSTER MONSTER CHILI
      JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.
      JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
      FRANK: Holy sh*t, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried
      paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope
      that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

      CHILI # 2 ARTHUR'S AFTERBURNER CHILI
      JUDGE ONE: Smokey, with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.
      JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
      FRANK: Keep this out of the reach of children I'm not sure what I am
      supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to
      give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw
      the look on my face.

      CHILI # 3 FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI
      JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.
      JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.
      FRANK: Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like have
      been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now, get me more beer
      before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the
      front part of my chest. I'm getting sh*t-faced from all the beer.

      CHILI # 4 BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC
      JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice.
      Disappointing.
      JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or
      other mild foods, not much of a chili.
      FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste
      it, is it possible to burnout taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing
      behind me with fresh refills; that 300 lb. bi*ch is starting to look HOT
      just like this nuclear waste I'm eating. Is chili an aphrodisiac?

      CHILI # 5 LINDA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER
      JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding
      considerable kick. Very Impressive.
      JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit
      the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
      FRANK: My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no
      longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed
      paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili
      had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring
      beer directly on it from a pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off?

      It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming.
      Screw those rednecks!

      CHILI # 6 VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY
      JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice
      and peppers.
      JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic.
      Superb.
      FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric
      flames. I sh*t myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the
      chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except Sally.

      an't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my rear with a snow cone!

      CHILI # 7 SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI
      JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
      JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili
      peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about Judge
      Number 3, He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing
      uncontrollably.
      FRANK: You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't
      feel a dam* thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like
      it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili which slid
      unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like sh*t to match my
      damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've
      decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any
      oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just inhale it in through the 4-inch hole
      in my stomach.
    • me
      Message 125 of 125 , Oct 24, 2003
        well congratulations cc