For All My Canadian "Know-it-all" Friends

  • shea
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hope you all enjoy this!!  Best regards, Shea(Zam)

      SIGNS THAT YOU MAY BE CANADIAN!

      1. You're not offended by the term " HOMO MILK "

      2. You understand the phrase " Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield. "

      3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

      4. You drink Pop, not Soda.

      5. You know that a Mickey and 2-4's mean, " party at the camp, eh!!! "

      6. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays not vacation), with good cigars and no Americans.

      7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway

      8. You drive on a highway, not a freeway

      9. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

      10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

      11. You cried when you heard that " Mr Dress Up " died recently.

      12. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

      13. You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & more, are Canadians.

      14. You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

      15. You know what a touque is.

      16. You design your halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

      17. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced " Zed "

      18. You live in a house with no front step, but the door is one meter up from the ground.

      19. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

      20. You know that the four seasons mean: winter, still winter, almost winter, and road work.

      21. You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.

      22. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

      23. You know how to pronounce and spell " Saskatchewan "

      24. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in Canada'

      25. You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

      26. " Eh? " is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than, "Huh? "

      27.  When someone says “Thank You” to you, you reply with “You are Welcome”, so much more polite than “Uh Huh”.

      28. You actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all of your Canadian friends!!!! and then you send them to your American friends just to confuse them...further.