Re: just found new website…

  • yvonnechang
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 8:25 AM
      Got an error message when I clicked on the URL. What is the website
      all about?

      --- In knottyers@y..., "sjkafjrae287" <sjkafjrae287@y...> wrote:
      > http://tlwih.tvheaven.com/index.html
    • wydon_knot
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 8:37 AM
        Hi Yvonne

        Just ignore it. This is the second one the group has received
        recently - and is only a link to what looks like porn sites. I
        think that it's about time yahoo cleaned up its act and set something
        up to prevent this sort of 'spam'.

        Regards

        Jeff

        --- In knottyers@y..., yvonnechang <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Got an error message when I clicked on the URL. What is the website
        > all about?
        >
        > --- In knottyers@y..., "sjkafjrae287" <sjkafjrae287@y...> wrote:
        > > http://tlwih.tvheaven.com/index.html
      • three_cuts
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 8:41 AM
          >think that it's about time yahoo cleaned up its act and set something
          >up to prevent this sort of 'spam'.

          Hi -

          The only way to do this is for the owner of the list to set it up as a
          moderated list. He/she would then verify and "admit" new members. The way
          this list, and most of the Yahoo lists are set up, anyone can create a new
          account and immediately start posting. So, to prevent spam, the most
          effective way is to make the list a moderated list.

          Thanks for letting me respond.

          {rb}
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10 8:43 AM
            --- In knottyers@y..., yvonnechang <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Got an error message when I clicked on the URL. What is the website
            > all about?
            >
            > --- In knottyers@y..., "sjkafjrae287" <sjkafjrae287@y...> wrote:
            > > http://tlwih.tvheaven.com/index.html

            Hi All,

            I've been on travel for just over a week. It seems that we've had
            another round of SPAMers hit us again. I've removed them from the
            members list and deleted their original messages, I've left other
            members comment messages.

            We had one SPAMer just before I left and I deleted his post before
            anyone had commented on it!

            I can say it does seem that many ISP are now becoming more aware of
            their image -- they do do something when you complain. If you
            complain to their abuse@...com address then they can delete the pics,
            ads, ... It does appear that that is what happened to all 3 of the
            recent SPAMers!!! YES!!!

            I've toyed with the 'moderated new users list' but for now I won't do
            it. We really don't get tons of spam here (yet!). I'd prefer that
            new people get their questions answered quickly instead of waiting on
            me. I do travel from time to time -- some times for extended periods.

            Ed