Chicago Tall Ships Challenge

  • John
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2013
      Hi,
      I know this is short notice but the Tall Ships Challenge will be in Chicago next weekend and they are asking for volunteer knot tyers to help out demonstrating nautical knots. I was approached last week to possibly have the IGKT set up a booth. I have spoke with Patricia Lock, one of the coordinators, and she said anyone who would like to help out would be set up with possibly a Sea Scout group. The Challenge will be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you are interested you can contact Patti at her email address,
      patti@...
      Thanks,
      John DeWilde
    • richard, richard, richard, richard hensle
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 13, 2013
        Hi all,
        I lost my Ron Edwards book, "Useful & Ornamental Knots" and haven't been able to find a source to guy a new one.  Anyone know how/where I can get a copy please let me know.  Thanks,
        Richard Hensley    knottyers or crackerjackbingo@...

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13, 2013
          The best place is directly from Ramsskull press. It is a small publisher in
          Australia run by Ron Edwards family. They don't sell on Amazon or other
          places that I know of. His larger knot books that I have seen are very
          good, though expensive. Some of his books, especially the whip making ones,
          are on eBay and Amazon frequently.

          http://ramsskullpress.com/

          Hope this helps,
          Pat

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13, 2013
            MARTIN COMBS, in Elizabeth City, NC has a lot of Edward's books for sale; try... roundturn@... or his website...
            http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/index.html

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Spiering <kingsfoil12@...> wrote:

            > The best place is directly from Ramsskull press. It is a small publisher in
            > Australia run by Ron Edwards family. They don't sell on Amazon or other
            > places that I know of. His larger knot books that I have seen are very
            > good, though expensive. Some of his books, especially the whip making ones,
            > are on eBay and Amazon frequently.
            >
            > http://ramsskullpress.com/
            >
            > Hope this helps,
            > Pat
            > On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM, richard, richard, richard, richard
            > hensley, hensley, hensley, hensley <crackerjackbingo@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi all,
            > > I lost my Ron Edwards book, "Useful & Ornamental Knots" and haven't been
            > > able to find a source to guy a new one. Anyone know how/where I can get a
            > > copy please let me know. Thanks,
            > > Richard Hensley knottyers or crackerjackbingo@...
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • Patrick Spiering
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13, 2013
              Unless he has changed things in the last 2 years or so, Martin Combs no
              longer sells books. That's where I found out about a lot of great knot
              books, but I ended up getting them shipped from Australia. You could email
              him to double check, but I doubt he has them.

              Pat

            • Gibbins Howard
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13, 2013
                Greetings,

                Not sure which book of his you're looking for but try Abebooks, I've dealt with them a few times and they're very good. Here is a URL for Edward's books (I can only assume it is the correct Edwards).

                http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Ron+Edwards&kn=knot

                Howard
              • rons_hobbies
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                  I have 100% success rate with Abe Books.

                  Ron

                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Gibbins Howard <hgibbins@...> wrote:

                  > Greetings,
                  >
                  > Not sure which book of his you're looking for but try Abebooks, I've dealt with them a few times and they're very good. Here is a URL for Edward's books (I can only assume it is the correct Edwards).
                  >
                  > http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Ron+Edwards&kn=knot
                  >
                  > Howard

                • Adam Carter
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                    Hi John,

                    Try here:
                    http://ramsskullpress.com/products-page/knotting/knots-useful-and-ornamental/

                    They are the actual publisher for Ron Edwards books.

                    Adam

                    On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM, richard, richard, richard, richard
                    hensley, hensley, hensley, hensley <crackerjackbingo@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Hi all,
                    > I lost my Ron Edwards book, "Useful & Ornamental Knots" and haven't been
                    > able to find a source to guy a new one. Anyone know how/where I can get a
                    > copy please let me know. Thanks,
                    > Richard Hensley knottyers or crackerjackbingo@...

                  • Matt Beaudoin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                      I ordered 3 of his books last night. The site was a little buggy for me,
                      but they helped make it happen. I'll find out two things: 1. How good the
                      books are, and 2. How long it takes to get from AUS to USA...matt

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 15, 2013
                        Martin Combs carries the Ron Edwards books. Here's the likn: http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/index.html