  • Ron Buice
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
      One thing led to another

      First, my brother-in-law had a good deal on a hot tub then I had to fix an easy way to get in so, I built a deck/dock.  Then I put a handle to help getting in and out, my wife and I both turn 65 this year.  Then I put some cord around the handle, trying to remember some of my Navy knots.  I was a Diver and Damage Controlman DC 1969-73 so I saw a lot of the fancy knot work but didn't actually do it and it's been a few years since I even saw that so, I've been searching for some help and came across your site and here I am.  Been checking out the videos and photo albums and got some great Ideas now, if I can just get these Ideas put on our deck/dock.

      Ron Buice

      Better than count'n your years,
      make your years count!

    • Wheat Carr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
        You may find this site to be helpful

        http://www.animatedknots.com/

        Enjoy The Making
        Wheat

        MailTo:Wheat@...
        Shop: http://www.ItsAllJustString.com
        Like: http://www.FaceBook.com/ItsAllJustString
      • rons_hobbies
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
          Ron, is this what you're looking for:

          http://www.frayedknotarts.com/tutorials/coxcombing/coxcombing.html

          I like to do it on flashlights.

          Ron

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Ron Buice <rpbuice@...> wrote:

          > One thing led to another

          <Snip> Been checking out the videos and photo albums and got some great Ideas now, if I can just get these Ideas put on our deck/dock.

          > Ron Buice
          >

          > Better than count'n your years,
          > make your years count!

        • Ron Buice
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
            Yes, thanks.  I have a couple of spots I wanted to do the Coxcombing.  Those are good instructions, funny too.