where in houghton

  • Amrutha D N
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2013
      Hi,
      Is there any knot tying class will be held at Houghton presently? I tied mini globe knot for a key chain. Any suggestion for making a bookmark ? I think that ocean's mat ' pattern may be used to make a bookmark . Still some advice is sought from all the experienced knot tyers .
       Thank you.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2013
        A few years back I did a braid pattern in cross stitch treads for a friend. I used multiple threads of the same color for each lead. I gathered each end, and did a small flat type of tassel. It took a lot of time to keep each 'strand' flat but it turned out well and she liked it a lot.

        Ed

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Amrutha D N <amruthadn@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Is there any knot tying class will be held at Houghton presently? I tied mini globe knot for a key chain. Any suggestion for making a bookmark ? I think that ocean's mat ' pattern may be used to make a bookmark . Still some advice is sought from all the experienced knot tyers .
        >  Thank you.

      • fancnanc
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2013
          Hi Amrutha,

          I believe any knot you tied would work for a bookmark IF you left the cording end(s) long (to hold your place in the book), and let the 'knot' dangle out of the top of the closed book.

          I've tried some of the smaller knots in Don Burrhus' Globe Knot Cookbook (bought kit from 'knottool.com') and used them as earrings, ie. tiny 1/4" or 3/8" center wood bead with .8mm small diameter cording. Got lots of ooos and ahhs!

          I think you could do the same with Turks Head knots and use a cork, piece of dowel, or tube type bead as the center along with small cording. (depends on the size/dangle you want)

          Try some different 'center items' and knots, then take some pictures, and share them with us!! (grin) I for one would love to see 'em!!!

          Happy knotting!
          NancyB (enjoying AZ's warmth)