RE: [KnotTyers] Queen Mary, Meeting 2013

  • Matthew Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      Tim,
      I was unable to attend but had a very similar experience when 'they' met
      here in New Bedford, Mass. As a tactile learner, I have a rough time
      visualizing how a flat paper drawing translates into a 3 dimensional knot.
      I learned more at that first meeting than I had learned in the previous 15
      years. The people the guild attracts are some of the best, humblest people
      I know. I consider a number of them mentors and friends. I'm glad you had
      the same first impression and experience I did. I treasure any chance I can
      get to see knots being made by others, I think it is a key to continuing our
      craft.

      I have been kicking myself for not traveling to California, but the way my
      little knot shop has been the last 3 weeks, there was no way I could have
      afforded the time away from the shop. I hope other reports of the meeting
      were as good as yours, and I anxiously await seeing TONS of pictures of
      everyone's workmanship.

      Matt Beaudoin
      Mystic Knotwork 860.889.3793

      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2013
        Good morning everyone, I apologize for Knot being more active in the group but I work in DC and these day its tough! I would like to inform you of a potential meet place for the group. Its called Mount Harmon Plantation at Worlds End. Located in Cecil County Maryland on a beautiful 300+ acre estate. (See attached) If you are interested please let me know. r/Guy

        Guy Beckley
        PO Box 221
        Millington, MD 21651
        C 410-708-9585
        guycanfly3760@...

        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2013
          Tim and Matt,

          We have had many such statements from all those who were there - it is the chance, as you have said Matt, to meet others face to face and to be able to distill learning and knowledge in so many different ways.  I learned much, as I do with every visit with other knotters.  I also thank my lucky stars that I have been fortunate enough to have attended several knot-tying events like this.  Next year the AGM is to be in Chatham and we meet in the ropewalk.  Tim - it was really good to see you there and I hope we get to meet up again.  My thanks to all who were at the Queen Mary event!

          Lindsey
          President & Board Member IGKTPAB

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2013
            You are very welcome Tim and I hope we may look forward to seeing you at our next monthly meeting in San Pedro's Ports o' Call area next to Utro's restaurant.  I certainly enjoyed meeting with you and I hope that you are now wanting to tie some more!