Re: [KnotTyers] Hands getting torn up

  • Terry Baldridge
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
      I have tried mountian climbing gloves or maybe repelling gloves and they
      were just too stiff. I have heard that water skiing gloves and sailing
      gloves are good. But I haven't tried them.

      terry

      On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM, <threelees1@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I use leather fingerless gymnasts or weight lifters gloves
      >

      > In a message dated 4/17/2013 10:32:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > kenegray@... writes:
      >
      > you can try cutting off the fingers of on old leather work glove or maybe
      > sewing some up in old denim or 10 oz duck if you can't find where to get
      > them.
      >
      > On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Charles Gallo
      > <Charlie@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hey gang,
      > > I had not done any rope work for a few months, and I lost all my
      > calluses.
      > > Today I was doing oh, 30 inches or so of tight Solomon Bar in 3mm
      > > synthetic, and my hands took a real beating, basically ripped open
      > blisters
      > > on the joints of the fingers I tend to use to pull. I remember seeing
      > some
      > > sort of leather finger guards out there. Anyone know where to get a set?
      > > have at least 2 more to do, so...

    • mike smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
        after blisters are there try NEWSKIN to protect and help heal. Have used the strechy rubber like first aid ttape  just around fingers where I pull the cord while tying.  leaves finger tips free to work cord.