Re: [KnotTyers] Hands getting torn up

  • Ken Gray
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      you can try cutting off the fingers of on old leather work glove or maybe
      sewing some up in old denim or 10 oz duck if you can't find where to get
      them.

      On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Charles Gallo <Charlie@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hey gang,
      > I had not done any rope work for a few months, and I lost all my calluses.
      > Today I was doing oh, 30 inches or so of tight Solomon Bar in 3mm
      > synthetic, and my hands took a real beating, basically ripped open blisters
      > on the joints of the fingers I tend to use to pull. I remember seeing some
      > sort of leather finger guards out there. Anyone know where to get a set? I
      > have at least 2 more to do, so...

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
        When my daughter took a woodcarving class they used the green flexible tape vets use. Maybe add a gauze square underneath for added protection. Or cut the fingertips off some snug work gloves.

      • ThreeLees1
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
          I use leather fingerless gymnasts or weight lifters gloves

          <Charlie@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hey gang,
          > I had not done any rope work for a few months, and I lost all my
          calluses.
          > Today I was doing oh, 30 inches or so of tight Solomon Bar in 3mm
          > synthetic, and my hands took a real beating, basically ripped open
          blisters
          > on the joints of the fingers I tend to use to pull. I remember seeing
          some
          > sort of leather finger guards out there. Anyone know where to get a set?
          > have at least 2 more to do, so...

        • Terry Baldridge
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
            I have tried mountian climbing gloves or maybe repelling gloves and they
            were just too stiff. I have heard that water skiing gloves and sailing
            gloves are good. But I haven't tried them.

            terry

            On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM, <threelees1@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I use leather fingerless gymnasts or weight lifters gloves
            >

            > In a message dated 4/17/2013 10:32:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > kenegray@... writes:
            >
            > you can try cutting off the fingers of on old leather work glove or maybe
            > sewing some up in old denim or 10 oz duck if you can't find where to get
            > them.
            >
            > On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Charles Gallo
            > <Charlie@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hey gang,
            > > I had not done any rope work for a few months, and I lost all my
            > calluses.
            > > Today I was doing oh, 30 inches or so of tight Solomon Bar in 3mm
            > > synthetic, and my hands took a real beating, basically ripped open
            > blisters
            > > on the joints of the fingers I tend to use to pull. I remember seeing
            > some
            > > sort of leather finger guards out there. Anyone know where to get a set?
            > > have at least 2 more to do, so...

          • mike smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
              after blisters are there try NEWSKIN to protect and help heal. Have used the strechy rubber like first aid ttape  just around fingers where I pull the cord while tying.  leaves finger tips free to work cord.