New Becket

  • Rev
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
      Just posted a picture in, "Senior Chief's Studies" of a new becket we just finished. I've been playing with new ideas on how a becket might go together and this is my first new pass.

      Globe knots on the Bolt rather than Manrope knot ends, and larger transition covers between the Spanish Hitching and the Coach Whipping. The Whipping is Twelve Strand and was quite, "Exciting" to keep track of.

      Okay, I've got more new variations to explore.

      Jerry
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
        Very nice! Is it a whale in the center, where did you find it?

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Rev" <revjerry@...> wrote:

        > Just posted a picture in, "Senior Chief's Studies" of a new becket we just finished. I've been playing with new ideas on how a becket might go together and this is my first new pass.
        >
        > Globe knots on the Bolt rather than Manrope knot ends, and larger transition covers between the Spanish Hitching and the Coach Whipping. The Whipping is Twelve Strand and was quite, "Exciting" to keep track of.
        >
        > Okay, I've got more new variations to explore.
        >
        > Jerry

      • Rev
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, knotslipstick <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Very nice! Is it a whale in the center, where did you find it?

          I'm blessed to live with a VERY crafty lady that I had the good sense to marry. She can make just about anything out of just about anything. She carved the Whale out of some high quality, kiln dried, top grade Home Depot Pine. I bought her the carving tools a couple years back for Christmas and stay out of her way. We do make a good pair.

          I showed her a number of beckets online and she said she thought she could do a better one. Not sure if "better" was the right word, but it sure is different.

          Jerry
        • Lindsey Philpott
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14, 2013
            Jerry,

            Marvellous becket!  I really like the addition of color and the idea of the whale is simply superb!

            Lindsey
            President IGKTPAB

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
              Thanks Lindsey. The whale was my wife's work and she'll be thrilled to hear your critique. We're working on some mineature whales and beckets we may have ready for the convention, so you'll get to meet a "Whale of a Wife" first hand.

              CU
              Jerry
            • Tom Wolf
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 21, 2013
                Lindsey,
                     My nane is Tom Wolf and I'm trying to find the IGKT group near me: I live in Morehead City
                     North Carolina. Can you HELP?
                     Thank You
                      Tom