Re: Any tatters in this forum?

  • Lorena Finnerty
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 11, 2013
      Hello all,
      YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
      My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.

      Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!

      Where are you located?

      Lorena
      nctatter in NC USA

    • Tom Wolf
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 14, 2013
        Hi Lorena,
              My name is Tom Wolf and have been knotting for years I got your e-mail about Tatting.
        My wife knites as well, I live in Morehead City NC Where can I Go to learn tat with a shuttle
              My phone # is 910-340-1313     tomwolfsr@...
        Thank you take care
                 Tom

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013
          At 11-03-13 01:55, glennablom wrote:
          >I'm new to tatting - but thinking that because it is knots - there
          >might be some crossover

          Sorry for the late reply.

          Tatting since the late '70s. Creator of the single-shuttle split ring.

          --
          Matthew Takeda
          the JOAT
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013
            I do not tat but I do use what I call the "tatting method" in my net making. I originally used it as a maethod of increasing net making speed but now use it to teach netmaking from the start.
            http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/about467.html
          • glennablom
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013
              Hi from Florida!

              I'm curious if anyone is using fine c-lon, or has found a nice metallic thread for jewelry tatting

              --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Lorena Finnerty" <nctatter@...> wrote:

              > Hello all,
              > YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
              > My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.
              >
              > Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!
              >
              > Where are you located?
              >
              > Lorena
              > nctatter in NC USA

            • glennablom
              Message 6 of 12 , May 11, 2013
                I'm in St. Petersburg - are you on Pinterest?