Re: Any tatters in this forum?

  • Lorena Finnerty
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 11, 2013
      Hello all,
      YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
      My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.

      Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!

      Where are you located?

      Lorena
      nctatter in NC USA

    • glennablom
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 12, 2013
        Thanks to all for your immediate responses! I am recently self-taught
        to tat and next reply I'll include the resources that helped me learn
        (CD and crafty online class). Are any of you on Pinterest? I have a
        tatting board of things I would like to learn to do. I also am getting
        a thread sample from a vendor in California that was mentioned. Thanks
        everyone - keep in touch! I joined a yahoo tatting group - waiting for
        "acceptance"!
      • glennablom
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12, 2013
          I took a Craftsy Class from Marilee Rockley, and bought the Janette Baker DVD "Learn to Tat" and both were very helpful. Marilee makes beautiful jewelry.

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "glennablom" <glennablom@...> wrote:

          > Thanks to all for your immediate responses! I am recently self-taught
          > to tat and next reply I'll include the resources that helped me learn
          > (CD and crafty online class). Are any of you on Pinterest? I have a
          > tatting board of things I would like to learn to do. I also am getting
          > a thread sample from a vendor in California that was mentioned. Thanks
          > everyone - keep in touch! I joined a yahoo tatting group - waiting for
          > "acceptance"!

        • Tom Wolf
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 14, 2013
            Hi Lorena,
                  My name is Tom Wolf and have been knotting for years I got your e-mail about Tatting.
            My wife knites as well, I live in Morehead City NC Where can I Go to learn tat with a shuttle
                  My phone # is 910-340-1313     tomwolfsr@...
            Thank you take care
                     Tom

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013
              At 11-03-13 01:55, glennablom wrote:
              >I'm new to tatting - but thinking that because it is knots - there
              >might be some crossover

              Sorry for the late reply.

              Tatting since the late '70s. Creator of the single-shuttle split ring.

              --
              Matthew Takeda
              the JOAT
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013
                I do not tat but I do use what I call the "tatting method" in my net making. I originally used it as a maethod of increasing net making speed but now use it to teach netmaking from the start.
                http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/about467.html
              • glennablom
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013
                  Hi from Florida!

                  I'm curious if anyone is using fine c-lon, or has found a nice metallic thread for jewelry tatting

                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Lorena Finnerty" <nctatter@...> wrote:

                  > Hello all,
                  > YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
                  > My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.
                  >
                  > Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!
                  >
                  > Where are you located?
                  >
                  > Lorena
                  > nctatter in NC USA

                • glennablom
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 11, 2013
                    I'm in St. Petersburg - are you on Pinterest?