Re: Any tatters in this forum?

  • bookbinder45
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 11 7:39 AM
      Would love to learn. Tried needle tatting but felt like I was cheating. Bought some lovely shuttles 20 years ago at the first Crochet Guild conf.

      Donna R
    • Lorena Finnerty
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 11 2:47 PM
        Hello all,
        YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
        My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.

        Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!

        Where are you located?

        Lorena
        nctatter in NC USA

      • glennablom
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12 4:15 AM
          Thanks to all for your immediate responses! I am recently self-taught
          to tat and next reply I'll include the resources that helped me learn
          (CD and crafty online class). Are any of you on Pinterest? I have a
          tatting board of things I would like to learn to do. I also am getting
          a thread sample from a vendor in California that was mentioned. Thanks
          everyone - keep in touch! I joined a yahoo tatting group - waiting for
          "acceptance"!
        • glennablom
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12 5:06 PM
            I took a Craftsy Class from Marilee Rockley, and bought the Janette Baker DVD "Learn to Tat" and both were very helpful. Marilee makes beautiful jewelry.

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "glennablom" <glennablom@...> wrote:

            > Thanks to all for your immediate responses! I am recently self-taught
            > to tat and next reply I'll include the resources that helped me learn
            > (CD and crafty online class). Are any of you on Pinterest? I have a
            > tatting board of things I would like to learn to do. I also am getting
            > a thread sample from a vendor in California that was mentioned. Thanks
            > everyone - keep in touch! I joined a yahoo tatting group - waiting for
            > "acceptance"!

          • Tom Wolf
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 14 10:35 AM
              Hi Lorena,
                    My name is Tom Wolf and have been knotting for years I got your e-mail about Tatting.
              My wife knites as well, I live in Morehead City NC Where can I Go to learn tat with a shuttle
                    My phone # is 910-340-1313     tomwolfsr@...
              Thank you take care
                       Tom

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 17 7:10 AM
                At 11-03-13 01:55, glennablom wrote:
                >I'm new to tatting - but thinking that because it is knots - there
                >might be some crossover

                Sorry for the late reply.

                Tatting since the late '70s. Creator of the single-shuttle split ring.

                --
                Matthew Takeda
                the JOAT
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 18 3:57 PM
                  I do not tat but I do use what I call the "tatting method" in my net making. I originally used it as a maethod of increasing net making speed but now use it to teach netmaking from the start.
                  http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/about467.html
                • glennablom
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 18 4:11 PM
                    Hi from Florida!

                    I'm curious if anyone is using fine c-lon, or has found a nice metallic thread for jewelry tatting

                    --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Lorena Finnerty" <nctatter@...> wrote:

                    > Hello all,
                    > YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
                    > My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.
                    >
                    > Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!
                    >
                    > Where are you located?
                    >
                    > Lorena
                    > nctatter in NC USA

                  • glennablom
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 11, 2013
                      I'm in St. Petersburg - are you on Pinterest?