Any tatters in this forum?

  • glennablom
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 9, 2013
      I'm new to tatting - but thinking that because it is knots - there might be some crossover
    • Carol Wang
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 10, 2013
        On 2013-03-09, at 4:15 PM, glennablom wrote:

        > I'm new to tatting - but thinking that because it is knots - there might be some crossover
        I've been experimenting with beaded tatting. I have a few books and the tools... 8-)
        --
        Carol Wang http://www.daoofsilk.com/ The Dao of Silk
        http://www.chineseknotting.org/ The Chinese Knotting Home Page
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 10, 2013
          Yes, Carol. I am a tatter since 1998.

          Lily

        • bookbinder45
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 11, 2013
            Would love to learn. Tried needle tatting but felt like I was cheating. Bought some lovely shuttles 20 years ago at the first Crochet Guild conf.

            Donna R
          • Lorena Finnerty
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 11, 2013
              Hello all,
              YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
              My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.

              Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!

              Where are you located?

              Lorena
              nctatter in NC USA

            • glennablom
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 12, 2013
                Thanks to all for your immediate responses! I am recently self-taught
                to tat and next reply I'll include the resources that helped me learn
                (CD and crafty online class). Are any of you on Pinterest? I have a
                tatting board of things I would like to learn to do. I also am getting
                a thread sample from a vendor in California that was mentioned. Thanks
                everyone - keep in touch! I joined a yahoo tatting group - waiting for
                "acceptance"!
              • glennablom
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12, 2013
                  I took a Craftsy Class from Marilee Rockley, and bought the Janette Baker DVD "Learn to Tat" and both were very helpful. Marilee makes beautiful jewelry.

                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "glennablom" <glennablom@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks to all for your immediate responses! I am recently self-taught
                  > to tat and next reply I'll include the resources that helped me learn
                  > (CD and crafty online class). Are any of you on Pinterest? I have a
                  > tatting board of things I would like to learn to do. I also am getting
                  > a thread sample from a vendor in California that was mentioned. Thanks
                  > everyone - keep in touch! I joined a yahoo tatting group - waiting for
                  > "acceptance"!

                • Tom Wolf
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 14, 2013
                    Hi Lorena,
                          My name is Tom Wolf and have been knotting for years I got your e-mail about Tatting.
                    My wife knites as well, I live in Morehead City NC Where can I Go to learn tat with a shuttle
                          My phone # is 910-340-1313     tomwolfsr@...
                    Thank you take care
                             Tom

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013
                      At 11-03-13 01:55, glennablom wrote:
                      >I'm new to tatting - but thinking that because it is knots - there
                      >might be some crossover

                      Sorry for the late reply.

                      Tatting since the late '70s. Creator of the single-shuttle split ring.

                      --
                      Matthew Takeda
                      the JOAT
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013
                        I do not tat but I do use what I call the "tatting method" in my net making. I originally used it as a maethod of increasing net making speed but now use it to teach netmaking from the start.
                        http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/about467.html
                      • glennablom
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013
                          Hi from Florida!

                          I'm curious if anyone is using fine c-lon, or has found a nice metallic thread for jewelry tatting

                          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Lorena Finnerty" <nctatter@...> wrote:

                          > Hello all,
                          > YES I am a shuttle tatter since 1982 (I know how to needle tat but prefer the shuttle).
                          > My love of Knots and Mom's penpal got me into tatting.
                          >
                          > Welcome to the KNOTTY world of tatting!
                          >
                          > Where are you located?
                          >
                          > Lorena
                          > nctatter in NC USA

                        • glennablom
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 11, 2013
                            I'm in St. Petersburg - are you on Pinterest?