Re: [KnotTyers] Cotton Twine

  • threelees1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
      Try Marty Combs... he is the man.

      In a message dated 12/29/2012 3:24:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      bowshooter513@... writes:

      Hello fellow knot tyers,
      In a little over a week I well be heading off on a 7 week training cruise
      aboard a 540 ship as required by my school. I make lots of little bracelets
      and things out of cotton seine twine and sell them throughout local
      stores. I am happy with the seine twine i have been using from Memphis Net and
      Twine, but I am looking for something a bit larger than the #72 twine they
      sell (_http://www.memphisnet.net/product/2223/twine_cottonseine_
      (http://www.memphisnet.net/product/2223/twine_cottonseine) ).

      I learned the ways of tying decorative knots in my off time while working
      on the late Tall Ship Bounty that was tragically lost in hurricane Sandy,
      these knots mean so much to me and my nautical heritage that I even
      incorporated a Turks head knot into my first tattoo.

      If anyone knows of a place online that I can order a slightly larger size
      cotton seine twine it would be greatly appreciated if you would share that
      with everyone.

      Thanks,
      Tor

    • Matthew Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
        Tor,

        I have a spool of 108# HARD... HARD lay cord. It is 5 pounds and has a red mark on the outside of it. I can't use this for my retail work, but if you are interested contact me off list. I'll let you have it for postage and a few cool decorative knots in return...

        Matt Beaudoin
        Mystic Knotwork 860.889.3793
        Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
        Trees are for boats. Think before you print