Re: [KnotTyers] Hawaiian or maori Fish Hooks

  • william gura
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
      here's what i have from my "Hawaiian Arts and Crafts"  hope it helps...lemme know... bill

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
        Here is a link to an instructable that might help.

        http://m.instructables.com/id/How-To-Lash-Maori-Hook-Necklace/

        Cheers,

        Norm

        william gura <wgura@...> wrote:here's what i have from my "Hawaiian Arts and Crafts"  hope it helps...lemme know... bill

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2012
          There is an excellent book on bone carving by Stephen Myhre that covers the figure eight lashings, and the carving away of the areas below them to create a flush effect.

          Here's a link to the book on Amazon...

          http://www.amazon.com/Bone-Carving-Skillbase-Techniques-Concepts/dp/0143009974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356974013&sr=8-1&keywords=Bone+carving

          --Jon