Cotton Twine

  • bowshooter513
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hello fellow knot tyers,
      In a little over a week I well be heading off on a 7 week training cruise aboard a 540 ship as required by my school. I make lots of little bracelets and things out of cotton seine twine and sell them throughout local stores. I am happy with the seine twine i have been using from Memphis Net and Twine, but I am looking for something a bit larger than the #72 twine they sell (http://www.memphisnet.net/product/2223/twine_cottonseine).

      I learned the ways of tying decorative knots in my off time while working on the late Tall Ship Bounty that was tragically lost in hurricane Sandy, these knots mean so much to me and my nautical heritage that I even incorporated a Turks head knot into my first tattoo.

      If anyone knows of a place online that I can order a slightly larger size cotton seine twine it would be greatly appreciated if you would share that with everyone.

      Thanks,
      Tor
    • André
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2012
        Hi Tor,

        The first pleace to look that comes to mind is the web store of Marty Combs. He has quite a lot of cotton cord for sale.

        http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/

        just scroll down

        kind regards
        André

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "bowshooter513" <bowshooter513@...> wrote:

        > Hello fellow knot tyers,
        > In a little over a week I well be heading off on a 7 week training cruise aboard a 540 ship as required by my school. I make lots of little bracelets and things out of cotton seine twine and sell them throughout local stores. I am happy with the seine twine i have been using from Memphis Net and Twine, but I am looking for something a bit larger than the #72 twine they sell (http://www.memphisnet.net/product/2223/twine_cottonseine).
        >
        > I learned the ways of tying decorative knots in my off time while working on the late Tall Ship Bounty that was tragically lost in hurricane Sandy, these knots mean so much to me and my nautical heritage that I even incorporated a Turks head knot into my first tattoo.
        >
        > If anyone knows of a place online that I can order a slightly larger size cotton seine twine it would be greatly appreciated if you would share that with everyone.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tor

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 29, 2012
          Tor,
          Have you checked with Martin Combs has on his site?

          http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/knotstuffcords.html
          http://www.knotstuff.com

          Steve

        • threelees1@aol.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
              Tor,

              I have a spool of 108# HARD... HARD lay cord. It is 5 pounds and has a red mark on the outside of it. I can't use this for my retail work, but if you are interested contact me off list. I'll let you have it for postage and a few cool decorative knots in return...

              Matt Beaudoin
              Mystic Knotwork 860.889.3793
              Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
              Trees are for boats. Think before you print