Re: Peace is At Hand - Knot!

  • jugknot
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 24, 2012
      List -

      I've but a few hours in at the Knotting Bench trying to improve on
      the 'Peace is at Hand - Knot!'. Samples below -

      http://securityfeeds.com/pics/Peace_Knot1.jpg
      http://securityfeeds.com/pics/Peace_Knot2.jpg

      Lessons learned -
      On-line Paracord Supplies - http://wildbillwholesale.com
      Use of a divided line (cord) @ ~ 6' mark to weave two sides
      of the design independently
      Patience (and spotting the flaws)
      Inexpensive corkboard (mounting) and felt lettering - Michaels

      Next task - Doubling the design for a door-size wreath.

      jugknot (Tim)
      Denver, CO.

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Peter Hennessey <peterwhennessey@...> wrote:

      > Hi Matt,
      >
      > the page to find both the order form and the PDF catalogue is here - http://www.igkt.net/supplies/index.php
      >
      > It's probably worth taking a look at the knot charts PDF on this page too - http://www.igkt.net/publications/index.php , and exploring the site and forum a bit too.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Peter H.
      >

      > Sent from an iPad
      >
      > On 15 Nov 2012, at 16:21, "Matthew Beaudoin" <matthew.beaudoin@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Peter,
      > > What's missing on that PDF is how to order... how do I order some of that for shipment to the US?
      > >
      > > Matt Beaudoin
      > > Mystic Knotwork 860.889.3793
      > > Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
      > > Trees are for boats. Think before you print

    • Matthew Beaudoin

        wrote:

        > Hi Matt,
        >
        > the page to find both the order form and the PDF catalogue is here -
        > http://www.igkt.net/supplies/index.php
        >
        > It's probably worth taking a look at the knot charts PDF on this page too
        - http://www.igkt.net/publications/index.php , and exploring the site and
        forum a bit too.

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Peter H.
        >

        > Sent from an iPad
        >
        > On 15 Nov 2012, at 16:21, "Matthew Beaudoin" <matthew.beaudoin@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Peter,
        > > What's missing on that PDF is how to order... how do I order some of
        that for shipment to the US?

        > > Matt Beaudoin
        > > Mystic Knotwork 860.889.3793
        > > Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
        > > Trees are for boats. Think before you print

      • jugknot
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 27, 2012
          Matt -

          I've created a Photoshop Gallery - Peace Knot (Piece by Piece) to show the sequential steps in tying this flat-braided woven artwork.
          Not sure if 'sharing' will make this gallery generally available (or knot) but here is the URL -

          http://www.photoshop.com/users/securityfeeds/albums/4aeac9898d3340369509def74ab7d72e/slideshow

          jugknot (aka Tim)

          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 27, 2012
            It worked for me jugknot. That was pretty cool. Might have to give that a
            whirl when I get a little time around the holidays.

            terry

          • Mad Charity Black
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 27, 2012
              VERY cool! Thanks for sharing!!