Re: [KnotTyers] New Material

  • The Hairy Loon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
      Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call it a
      plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a tin.
      David. UK.

    • Rev
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
        David,
        I'd baked up a Beer Can Butt Chicken the day before and my wife made it into a stew. The Carrik Bread was perfect with it. I gave up trying to untie it and just used a serrated knife! Next time, a Star Knot!

        Jerry

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, The Hairy Loon <the.hairy.loon@...> wrote:

        > Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call it a
        > plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a tin.
        > David. UK.

      • The Hairy Loon
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
          I must admit that I have never yet tried a Beer Can Butt Chicken yet, I
          understand that they come out very well, I normally just cook them upside
          down, so that the juices all gather in the breast, I have a 4.5 kilo turkey
          to cook tonight (found it cheap in a local supermarket) I wonder how many
          beer cans I can get into that back end!.
          David. UK.

          On 9 October 2012 14:53, Rev <revjerry@...> wrote:

          > David,
          > I'd baked up a Beer Can Butt Chicken the day before and my wife made it
          > into a stew. The Carrik Bread was perfect with it. I gave up trying to
          > untie it and just used a serrated knife! Next time, a Star Knot!
          >
          > Jerry
          >
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, The Hairy Loon <the.hairy.loon@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call it a
          > > plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a tin.
          > > David. UK.

        • Ken Gray
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
            1 if it's a Fosters. 80)

            On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM, The Hairy Loon <
            the.hairy.loon@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I must admit that I have never yet tried a Beer Can Butt Chicken yet, I
            > understand that they come out very well, I normally just cook them upside
            > down, so that the juices all gather in the breast, I have a 4.5 kilo turkey
            > to cook tonight (found it cheap in a local supermarket) I wonder how many
            > beer cans I can get into that back end!.
            > David. UK.
            >
            > On 9 October 2012 14:53, Rev <revjerry@...> wrote:
            >
            > > David,
            > > I'd baked up a Beer Can Butt Chicken the day before and my wife made it
            > > into a stew. The Carrik Bread was perfect with it. I gave up trying to
            > > untie it and just used a serrated knife! Next time, a Star Knot!
            > >
            > > Jerry
            > >
            > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, The Hairy Loon <the.hairy.loon@...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call
            > it a
            > > > plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a
            > tin.
            > > > David. UK.

          • Rev
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
              David,
              Turkeys don't do well in the Beer Can process. Check "amazingribs.com" for the finest set of recipies you'll ever find. I'm sending him a picture of my Carrock Bread and he'll post it for sure.

              Jerry