New Material

  • Rev
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2012
      Got bored and decided to make something in new material. Doesn't have much chance of surviving past supper, but it sure looks neat.

      Check "Senior Chief's Studies" only if you're not hungry.

      Jerry
    • The Hairy Loon
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
        Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call it a
        plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a tin.
        David. UK.

      • Rev
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
          David,
          I'd baked up a Beer Can Butt Chicken the day before and my wife made it into a stew. The Carrik Bread was perfect with it. I gave up trying to untie it and just used a serrated knife! Next time, a Star Knot!

          Jerry

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, The Hairy Loon <the.hairy.loon@...> wrote:

          > Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call it a
          > plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a tin.
          > David. UK.

        • The Hairy Loon
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
            I must admit that I have never yet tried a Beer Can Butt Chicken yet, I
            understand that they come out very well, I normally just cook them upside
            down, so that the juices all gather in the breast, I have a 4.5 kilo turkey
            to cook tonight (found it cheap in a local supermarket) I wonder how many
            beer cans I can get into that back end!.
            David. UK.

            On 9 October 2012 14:53, Rev <revjerry@...> wrote:

            > David,
            > I'd baked up a Beer Can Butt Chicken the day before and my wife made it
            > into a stew. The Carrik Bread was perfect with it. I gave up trying to
            > untie it and just used a serrated knife! Next time, a Star Knot!
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, The Hairy Loon <the.hairy.loon@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call it a
            > > plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a tin.
            > > David. UK.

          • Ken Gray
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
              1 if it's a Fosters. 80)

              On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM, The Hairy Loon <
              the.hairy.loon@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I must admit that I have never yet tried a Beer Can Butt Chicken yet, I
              > understand that they come out very well, I normally just cook them upside
              > down, so that the juices all gather in the breast, I have a 4.5 kilo turkey
              > to cook tonight (found it cheap in a local supermarket) I wonder how many
              > beer cans I can get into that back end!.
              > David. UK.
              >
              > On 9 October 2012 14:53, Rev <revjerry@...> wrote:
              >
              > > David,
              > > I'd baked up a Beer Can Butt Chicken the day before and my wife made it
              > > into a stew. The Carrik Bread was perfect with it. I gave up trying to
              > > untie it and just used a serrated knife! Next time, a Star Knot!
              > >
              > > Jerry
              > >
              > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, The Hairy Loon <the.hairy.loon@...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Nicely baked, I do that one most times I'm doing bread, we just call
              > it a
              > > > plaited loaf over here, rises nicely on a flat tray, does not need a
              > tin.
              > > > David. UK.

            • Rev
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
                David,
                Turkeys don't do well in the Beer Can process. Check "amazingribs.com" for the finest set of recipies you'll ever find. I'm sending him a picture of my Carrock Bread and he'll post it for sure.

                Jerry