New Lanyard Ideas

  • Rev
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 12:45 PM
      Just set up a photo album named "New Lanyard Ideas." Two pictures are there now that show a white lanyard with gold metal line for the collector and accessory knotting. I already had one in Black done the same way. And they do SCREAM when the sun hits them.

      Uniform Regulations would frown on such combinations, I know, but they admit that with all the recent changes in uniforms, they can't keep up with such things. For instance, the "Regs" clearly state that lanyards have to be tied with "Belfast" cord.

      Anyway, you probably couldn't wear one of these at a Personal Inspection, but they'd make good retirement presents.

      Jerry
    • Frayed Knot Arts
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
        Were you a bubblehead?

        That might explain the unnatural predilection to "Blue and Gold", and other odd colour combinations. It's a strange man, y'are then, entirely, but you might have a market in the Torpedoman Chiefs who usually handle "piping" honours aboard one of those powered whales.

        Blue body and gold accoutrements and vicey-voisey...

        NICE lanyard work, tho...
      • Rev
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
          Uncle,
          No, never a bubble head. Actually, I was at the other end of the spectrum; I was a Sonar Tech! And the Blue and Gold are a response to a request for that combination, since it is the Navy colors.

          Hated working with the gold and won't go there unless I get a client with VERY deep pockets.

          Thanks for the kind words. Always nice to hear from you.

          Jerry