Re: Newbie from SC

  • ben_2_go
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 14 9:47 PM
      Thank you.=^)

      Ben

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Lindsey Philpott <pilgrimsailor@...> wrote:

      > Welcome Ben!  Hope you find paracord as great as we do!
      >

      > Lindsey
      > Board Member IGKTPAB
      >

      > ________________________________

    • bookbinder45
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 15 8:49 AM
        Ben- I was recently sent to this site (you get 10% off for taking a survey)- http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/categories.aspx?Keyword=paracord

        Also, someone on this list has a shop and offers an inexpensive "box of cords" with various colors. Sadly, I can't lay hands on it right now to get the shop name. Perhaps someone else will come up with the name.

        You might also check http://www.khww.net/news.php

        Donna
      • ben_2_go
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15 10:05 AM
          Thanks for the insight.

          Ben

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "rons_hobbies" <peter.pilot@...> wrote:

          > IMHO dark colors as they won't show dirt while you learn/work in an enviroment you can't control all the time. Black, OD green. If you also get light colors to save shipping, save them till you have a feel for the type and size of tying you will be doing
          >
          > Two clipboards, one cut down to about an inch below the clamp make an acceptable bracelet jig. Use two bankers clips to hold the short board on top of the full size one. I glued a paper Ikea ruler I had to the full size one. Use the paper clamp to hold the bracelet buckle. Or use a loop and bosun's knot.
          >
          > Ron

        • ben_2_go
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15 10:11 AM
            Yes.I am in northern Spartanburg county close to the SC/NC state line.I'm a solid 4.5 hours from Charleston.I love it when I get a chance to visit the area.Hopefully I can ride my motorcycle down this year.

            Ben

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, <danmachowski@...> wrote:

            > Hey
            >
            > Glad to have you here.