Newbie from SC

  • ben_2_go
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
      I found my may here through Stormdrane's blog.I took a half hearted interest in paracord work from an update from instructables.You guessed it.Stormdranes had a feature post there.Since then I have become disabled and find myself sitting in the doc office or the hospital by myself a lot.These places really frown on people using technology while waiting.So I decided to give a go at some useful and decorative paracord cord.I am trying to decide what colors I want to purchase first.I could blow a load of cash on cord.So much to chose from now.Anyway,that's me and what I am up to.Gotta go study some utube how tos.

      Ben
    • Lindsey Philpott
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 14, 2012
        Welcome Ben!  Hope you find paracord as great as we do!

        Lindsey
        Board Member IGKTPAB

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14, 2012
          Thank you.=^)

          Ben

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Lindsey Philpott <pilgrimsailor@...> wrote:

          > Welcome Ben!  Hope you find paracord as great as we do!
          >

          > Lindsey
          > Board Member IGKTPAB
          >

          > ________________________________

        • rons_hobbies
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012
            IMHO dark colors as they won't show dirt while you learn/work in an enviroment you can't control all the time. Black, OD green. If you also get light colors to save shipping, save them till you have a feel for the type and size of tying you will be doing

            Two clipboards, one cut down to about an inch below the clamp make an acceptable bracelet jig. Use two bankers clips to hold the short board on top of the full size one. I glued a paper Ikea ruler I had to the full size one. Use the paper clamp to hold the bracelet buckle. Or use a loop and bosun's knot.

            Ron

          • danmachowski@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012
              Hey

              Glad to have you here.
              By the way, are you in South Carolina?
              We have a group here in Charleston.

              Smooth turns
              Dan

            • bookbinder45
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012
                Ben- I was recently sent to this site (you get 10% off for taking a survey)- http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/categories.aspx?Keyword=paracord

                Also, someone on this list has a shop and offers an inexpensive "box of cords" with various colors. Sadly, I can't lay hands on it right now to get the shop name. Perhaps someone else will come up with the name.

                You might also check http://www.khww.net/news.php

                Donna
              • ben_2_go
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012
                  Thanks for the insight.

                  Ben

                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "rons_hobbies" <peter.pilot@...> wrote:

                  > IMHO dark colors as they won't show dirt while you learn/work in an enviroment you can't control all the time. Black, OD green. If you also get light colors to save shipping, save them till you have a feel for the type and size of tying you will be doing
                  >
                  > Two clipboards, one cut down to about an inch below the clamp make an acceptable bracelet jig. Use two bankers clips to hold the short board on top of the full size one. I glued a paper Ikea ruler I had to the full size one. Use the paper clamp to hold the bracelet buckle. Or use a loop and bosun's knot.
                  >
                  > Ron

                • ben_2_go
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012
                    Yes.I am in northern Spartanburg county close to the SC/NC state line.I'm a solid 4.5 hours from Charleston.I love it when I get a chance to visit the area.Hopefully I can ride my motorcycle down this year.

                    Ben

                    --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, <danmachowski@...> wrote:

                    > Hey
                    >
                    > Glad to have you here.