Re: dragon flies

  • dvansickles
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2012
      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "lady862003" <grayhairlady@...> wrote:

      > nancy can i ask how u made the dragon flies would like to try
      > andrea
      > grayhairlady@...

      There is a video on youtube by TyingItAllTogether showing the way he does a dragonfly. He also has a website called Fusion Knots that has a pic of it and link to video. http://fusionknots.com/graphics/gallery/knots/Dragonfly%20Knot.html
    • Lindsey Philpott
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2012
        Hi Andrea,

        Let me know if you find any difficulty at all making these lovely icons using any of the books out there.  There are, as Jerry says, many ways of making these little beauties - thanks Jerry!  The easiest one to understand to start with is to make it using the Emperor Sinnet.  Begin with a length of line, middle it and then measure about two-thirds back from the tag ends of the line.  That is where you can add bead "eyes" to each side of the line by sliding them on to the tag ends.  Bend the longer parts of the line (the two-thirds) alongside the shorter ones and start tying alternating square knots around the pair of short lines (those ending in a loop).  Write to me here if any of this does not make sense - more to come!

        Lindsey
        Board Member IGKTPAB

          --- In _knottyers@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:knottyers@yahoogroups.com) ,