knotter

  • lady862003
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
      nsnvy bsrnhart
      what is that blue zig zag thing and i bought some macrame cord and i will try ur bracelet what is that that u have the illistrastion on?
      looks like an acrylic board.
      andrea
    • fancnanc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
        Give me a minute to recover from trying to read your email and figure out what you are trying to say or ask me.... I am a retired legal secretary that is having a hard time believing that anyone could post this in a public forum and not be ashamed of it. Perhaps it is my age, or the legal secretary training/work that did not allow ANY errors in a document...
        anyway... I have tried to reply to you personally rather than on the list - but then thought, "Damn it! This person needs to clean up their act! Life is a real time challenge - do the best you can in all areas to reap the best pay, the best of relationships, the best results of communications, etc. There is time in life to goof off and not take that extra minute to make sure all is correct and as you would like to present it to the world, but emails on a public forum is NOT that time.

        My suggestion - re-read them before clicking on "Send" and correct all spelling, typos and such, then press the send button. Do you really want whoever reads your email to think that you do shotty work and do not give a damn about things - cuz that is what comes across in your email. Don't you want to be taken seriously???

        I am retired now (68 yrs old) and do not care if occasionally I take a short-cut and use cuz instead of because - or my sentence structure is poor - I am retired and also grey-haired... ok, I'll step off my soap box now. (live and learn Barnhart, the days they are a changing!!!)

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "lady862003" <grayhairlady@...> wrote:

        > nsnvy bsrnhart
        > what is that blue zig zag thing and i bought some macrame cord and i will try ur bracelet what is that that u have the illistrastion on?
        > looks like an acrylic board.
        > andrea

      • Ken Gray
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
          Well, I used to think the same way till I realized that more than half of
          the people I was talking to on the internet weren't native English
          speakers. English wasn't even their second language; it was their third.
          so, maybe keep that in mind.

          Ken
          On Jan 2, 2012 9:58 AM, "fancnanc" <nancy@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Give me a minute to recover from trying to read your email and figure out
          > what you are trying to say or ask me.... I am a retired legal secretary
          > that is having a hard time believing that anyone could post this in a
          > public forum and not be ashamed of it. Perhaps it is my age, or the legal
          > secretary training/work that did not allow ANY errors in a document...
          > anyway... I have tried to reply to you personally rather than on the list
          > - but then thought, "Damn it! This person needs to clean up their act! Life
          > is a real time challenge - do the best you can in all areas to reap the
          > best pay, the best of relationships, the best results of communications,
          > etc. There is time in life to goof off and not take that extra minute to
          > make sure all is correct and as you would like to present it to the world,
          > but emails on a public forum is NOT that time.
          >
          > My suggestion - re-read them before clicking on "Send" and correct all
          > spelling, typos and such, then press the send button. Do you really want
          > whoever reads your email to think that you do shotty work and do not give a
          > damn about things - cuz that is what comes across in your email. Don't you
          > want to be taken seriously???
          >
          > I am retired now (68 yrs old) and do not care if occasionally I take a
          > short-cut and use cuz instead of because - or my sentence structure is poor
          > - I am retired and also grey-haired... ok, I'll step off my soap box now.
          > (live and learn Barnhart, the days they are a changing!!!)
          >
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "lady862003" <grayhairlady@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > nsnvy bsrnhart
          > > what is that blue zig zag thing and i bought some macrame cord and i
          > will try ur bracelet what is that that u have the illistrastion on?
          > > looks like an acrylic board.
          > > andrea

        • Mad Charity Black
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
            I'm with you, Ken. I'd rather people communicate without fear of reprisal - at least we haven't resorted to IM-speak! It's difficult enough in this modern world without having to worry about whether someone thinks your writing efforts are shoddy.
            Living in Hawai`i, one had best get used to (unintentional) creative use of language - it can be a lot of fun, sometimes! Our Creole, Pidgin, varies from profession to profession and from ethnicity to ethnicity.
            The knots I want to get tangled up in are literal!
            Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy New Year, filled with new knots and new ways to tie them...
            Chris in glorious Honomalino