Re: new knotter

  • rons_hobbies
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2011
      Just to second comments on the fancy knots,once you start looking through the group links and files, you will learn the terms and that will help you find many others. http://www.instructables.com/ has a lot of knots using parachute shroud line or "Paracord" or "550" cord because it is rated to hold 550#.. You can learn the fancy without deep understanding of the working knots, bu if you learn the ones mentioned you will also get a better understanding of how knots are explained and then find more opportunities to use them then you probably imagined. This guy posts a lot of knot tutorials, mostly with 550 cord:

      http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/

      If you need to be cost conscious, us the library and kep an eye out for discarded window blinds. The cord isn't great, but for the price it is good for practice. Easy to color with a Sharpie so you can follow where the working end is going.

      Ron