Des Pawson's Knot Craft

  • DonB
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2011
      Yesterday, as part of an order placed by my wife to Amazon.com, I received a knot book, Des Pawson's Knot Craft. It is a neat book.

      First, the edge printing of the pages makes it a beautiful paperback book just to hold.

      Second, the amount of content Des covers in this book is really quite amazing, from simple key rings, to bell ropes, fenders, lanyards, straps, hitching work, belts, beckets, a turks head tool, monkey fists, and quite a few table and floor mat patterns.

      Note to newbies like myself: this book is more of an idea book, and even thought the author tells you exactly how and what you need to make these projects, some of the intricate details are described in WORDS ONLY, so you should be familiar with rope and knot terminology before you start.

      For clarity's sake, I received the 2nd Edition, with 35 rope work projects, published by Paradise Cay Publications. I say this because there are other versions of this book out there.

      Enjoy your work. Or knot.

      Don Bursell