OK: I need a knotter in the Phoenix area!

  • Frayed Knot Arts
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
      Got an email from someone who stumbled into my site and he'd like some advice / help in wrapping the exterior door pulls on his office doors in Phoenix. As you can imagine, they are metal, Phoenix is hot, the doors face the sun and no-one can open the doors without removing their fingerprints for a good part of the day.

      He wants to do some coxcombing on the handles and I referred him to my tutor pages on the subject, but it may take someone with experience to help him with the turksheads (need to be done-in-place... kinda tricky...) and negotiating the curves in the handles.

      Any volunteers? Send me an email and I'll forward his particulars and a photo of the door handles for your perusal.

      Everybody have a great time this weekend... I already have had!

      Vince
    • M Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        Vince,
        For TH in place, there is a trick. Using Don Burrhus' knot tool idea, you
        can use a piece of black water-line from Home depot, cut a small section,
        split it down its length and stick some copper upholstery pins from the
        inside to outside. Using his numbering convention, you can snap this
        temporary tool in place and follow his directions. Once the knot is
        started, clip off the copper pins letting you slide the tool out, remove it,
        and finish the knot. It know it is no substitute for hands on help, but if
        you can follow along with this vague description, it might help,
        matt

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2011
          Sorry it took so long to answer this:

          Matt, as usual, that's a SUPERB idea and definitely one that goes in my repetoire of "Dirty Knot Tricks".