New Member / 1st Post

  • pstoohy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      Whew .... certainly a lot of "screens" to join this group.

      I have been fascinated with knots for most of my life. I am a
      Canadian,ex USN,ex CDN Coast Guard,ec coxswain / CDN Hydrographic
      service, & sailed for Shell Oil for a while.

      I was sort of dissapointed to note that there do not seem to be any
      Canadians who are members of the IGNT consequently I am posing my
      comments here.

      What I am really after are some links for Canadian suppliers of
      rope/cordage & tyer's tools ie fids, palms, thimbles, paracord etc.
      Is there anybody out there who can point me in the right direction?

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

      Keep the wind at your back.

      Steve Toohy
    • gordonknot5463
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
        --- In knottyers@y..., "pstoohy" <pstoohy@s...> wrote:

        Hi Steve,
        Welcome aboard, Happy Canada Day and hope you join the IGKT
        soon. There are about 30 Canadian members, including one that is a
        past President.

        Sorry I cannot help you with suppliers as I am in the UK but if
        you really get stuck Des Pawson of Footrope knots here ships to the
        USA so he may well ship to Canada as well.

        Where do you live in Canada?

        Gordon