It's official

  • shudson_us
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2002
      [[ Once more, with feeling...I tried to post this before, but it went
      to the wrong place. My 'post' button disappears if I use another
      address in my 'membership' other than the 'yahoo.com' one -- even
      though I have TWO other verified addresses, the others don't seem to
      work. ]]

      Hi all,

      I'm official now...I just got my 'membership' kit from IGKT in the
      mail yesterday. A copy of the 'member IGKT' flyer is now proudly
      display on my office cubicle wall, and I've devoured the two copies
      of 'Knotting Matters' that they sent me.

      In related news, I'm getting pretty proud of myself since I can now
      tie, directly in hand the 2x3, 3x2, 3x4, 4x3, 3x5 and 5x3 THK and
      have finally gotten to where I understand how to raise the level of
      any square TH to the next level. (It's a goal I set two months ago).

      I've also mastered the 'Spanish Ring Knot' which is a 3x5 turk's head
      raised to a 5x8, (same as 'five-strand sennit TH' ABOK start 'A') but
      with 'over two-under two' interlacing. I can do it with the 3x4
      start 'B' from ABOK but the other two ways '3x5 with start B' or 3x4
      start 'A' are kicking my booty -- so I'm not yet claiming mastery
      the over-two-under-two 3-bight TH yet.

      Ashley claims that either start 'A' or start 'B' can be used to raise
      ANY 3 bight TH to a five-lead sennit, but so far I can't confirm
      that -- has anyone else been able to do BOTH starts for 3x5 and 3x4?
      I've also tried raising the 3x2, but not having success with EITHER
      start for that yet.

      Thanks,
      Steve