Re: [KnotTyers] Re: Matt can make it... Meeting on December 3 - 5, 2010 in St. Michaels Maryland

  • Girdharilal Kuchroo
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 28, 2010
      dear Mr Baudoin,i am sure you know of some machnical knotting devices,let me
      know.I am making baskets, all by hand
      Girdharilal

      On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:02 AM, M Beaudoin <matthew.beaudoin@...>wrote:

      > stuff happened, and an order for 8,000 custom bracelets fell through, 1,000
      > being due this coming weekend.. SOOO.. you guys are stuck with me and
      > whatever random fiddlings I can scrounge together.
      >
      > I just got my reservations at the Best Western. I'll be arriving in town on
      > Friday and staying until Sunday.
      >
      > Sorry for such short notice, I hope I can still get a corner of a table.
      >
      > Does anyone have John Burke's email? I'll be cross posted into the IGKT
      > forums as well.
      >
      > Thanks for putting up with the short notice,
      > matt

    • M Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 5, 2010
        Girdharilal,
        Sadly, I only have 10 'mechanical knotting devices' and they are what my
        mom gave me when I was born. In a way, I wish there was a mechanical way to
        make them, but if there was, I'd be quickly out of a job to a big
        corporation.
        Instead of mechanical means, I use my compulsive tendancies to make them
        for around 6-10 hours every day.
        Matt

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 7, 2010
          To all:

          I would like to thank Jim Torbert and John Burke for all they did to make
          this mini-meeting happen, and to all the attendees who participated and
          worked to make the meeting the success it turned out to be.

          I didn't count heads, but it seemed as though there were about 20 people
          in attendance, give or take a few. From my perspective, having only
          attended one large meeting and a workshop, the size of the group enabled me to
          meet, chat with and annoy everybody with my silly questions. It was a
          learning experience for me. For example, I had always been intimidated by turk's
          heads, but after sitting with people such as Tim Allwine, I came to
          understand some of the basics, and when I got home, I was able to tie a few
          without using a mandrel. I would say that my knowledge base doubled between the
          time I got there to the time I left.

          I look forward to the next get together.

          Walter Seltzer
          Brooklyn, New York
          (917) 612-0544
          Threelees1@...