German term for "Turk's head knot"?

  • Lynn Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
      Hi, folks,

      I am working on an article that is going to be translated into German, and
      will be mentioning Turk's head knots. I was wondering if anyone knows if
      there is a particular German term for "Turk's head knot", or if a literal
      translation will work OK? (I'm not sure how versed the translator is in
      knot terminology.)

      Thanks,

      Lynn

    • LoopyLacer@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
        Hi, Lynn:

        I sent your message to a friend whose first language is German, and she
        wrote back with the following:

        _http://www.rdiessner-freizeitanimations-home.de/neue_seite_2.htm_
        (http://www.rdiessner-freizeitanimations-home.de/neue_seite_2.htm)

        Türkischer Bund is your answer

        Pretty nice site -- think I'll bookmark it for future reference. : - )

        Then she sent the following:

        Ashley book table of contents in German

        _http://www.deutschesfachbuch.de/info/detail.php?isbn=389225527x
        &part=4&word=gebundene+schlingen+T%FCrkisch&PHPSESSID=55bd3a58cbce02581be611192bc06b4f_
        (http://www.deutschesfachbuch.de/info/detail.php?isbn=389225527x&part=4&word
        =gebundene+schlingen+Tkisch&PHPSESSID=55bd3a58cbce02581be611192bc06b4f)

        More nice info to have, for future reference. : - )

        Hope all this helps...

        Hugs,

        Lily

        Happily entangled in my own knots!
        Lily Qualls Morales
        Yucaipa, California, USA
        California Inland Empire Council, _http://www.bsa-ciec.org_
        (http://www.bsa-ciec.org/)
        Mail to: _loopylacer@..._ (mailto:loopylacer@...)
        Facebook: _http://www.facebook.com/LoopyLacer_
        (http://www.facebook.com/LoopyLacer)
        Photo album: _http://www.flickr.com/photos/8557207@N05/collections_
        (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8557207@N05/collections)
        Blog: _http://loopylacer.blogspot.com_ (http://loopylacer.blogspot.com/)
        Exodus 35:35

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
          One thing to keep in mind about ABOK -- the table of contents lists PAGE
          NUMBERS, and not the KNOT numbers...

          This has caused me some confusion in the past, so I just thought I'd throw
          it out there. LOL

          Lily

          Happily entangled in my own knots!
          Lily Qualls Morales
          Yucaipa, California, USA
          California Inland Empire Council, _http://www.bsa-ciec.org_
          (http://www.bsa-ciec.org/)
          Mail to: _loopylacer@..._ (mailto:loopylacer@...)
          Facebook: _http://www.facebook.com/LoopyLacer_
          (http://www.facebook.com/LoopyLacer)
          Photo album: _http://www.flickr.com/photos/8557207@N05/collections_
          (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8557207@N05/collections)
          Blog: _http://loopylacer.blogspot.com_ (http://loopylacer.blogspot.com/)
          Exodus 35:35

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
            Hi, Lilly,

            Wow! That was quick.

            It *is* a nice site. I will be bookmarking it, too.