Re: [KnotTyers] NYC area meeting

  • threelees1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2010
      Hi Steve:

      I am Walter, in Brooklyn.

      I am just attempting to get some sort of group going in the NYC metro
      area. So far, with all the responses I have received, all one of them, there
      is a total of three people.

      I am a beginner with decorative knots, but I have been splicing rope for
      ages. I am getting too old to work with the heavy stuff, so I am learning
      to keep my fingers nimble with decorative stuff.

      I will let you know if I get qa few more people in the area. Baltimore
      started slow, and now, for the meeting on the 24th, they have overflowed the
      room.

      Sincerely,

      Walter M. Seltzer
      236 94th Street
      Brooklyn, New York 11209
      (917) 612-0544
      threelees1@...

      In a message dated 4/10/2010 9:49:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      russellarchives@... writes:

      Hi, this is Steve; I joined last year, a silent but interested member. I'm
      the leftie beginner. I live on Long Island, and would love to get involved
      with you guys_if you didn't mind my remedial knot skills. I'm very
      interested in becoming a "knotter"_I'Hi, this is Steve; I joined last year, a
      silent but interested member. I'm the leftie beginner. I live on Long Island,
      and would love to get involved with you guys_if you didn

      Steve
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: walter.seltzer <__walter.seltzer@_walter.s_
      (mailto:_walter.seltzer@...) _
      (mailto:_walter.seltzer@..._ (mailto:walter.seltzer@...) ) >
      Subject: [KnotTyers] NYC area meeting
      To:_knottyers@To:_knottyers@<WBR>yahoog_knottyers@yahoogrouknotty_
      (mailto:knottyers@yahoogroups.com) )
      Date: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 8:01 AM

      Are there any other knot knuts in and around the New York City
      metropolitan area who would like to try getting together periodically to
      talk and
      learn about knots and show their knot work?

      There is a senior citizen center right here under the Brooklyn end of the
      Varazzano Bridge that might let us meet there, and I could inquire at the
      South Street Seaport museum if there is a place we could meet at. I am
      willing to do the footwork... and I am also willing to travel a bit if a
      different location works better for other people.

      I can't be the only person in this area who is interested in tying knots.

      Walter Seltzer
      threelees1@aol. com

      Walter M. Seltzer
      236 94th Street