Hello ... new to tying

  • alan.kinsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
      Greetings, All ...

      I am happy to have found this group. I have been playing with knot work for several years but have not progressed much beyond rope splicing and whipping with the addition of the occasional THK to cover a splice and making a few monkey's fists for friends boats as heaving lines.

      My wife was recently contracted to paint a sign for a friend's garden and asked me to make the rope hangers for it. I discovered that I really enjoy knot work and want to get good at it. I have started a nice collection of books including ABOK and Marlinspike Seamanship. I am looking forward to learning from the group and will, likely, have more questions than you want to hear. Be gentle, be patient. Thanks for the welcome and the upcoming help!

      Alan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
        Alan,

        Welcome! All on topic questions usually answered -- unless we don't know -- we aren't perfect!

        Ed