Re: whoopie sling

  • Ken Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
      A friend of mine send me this today. it's about a guy who uses hollow braid
      cord to make an adjustable loop for hanging hammocks by placing the end of
      the rope back through the middle. At the risk of starting a flame war (and
      who doesn't like a good flame war? 80)) ) what are thoughts about it. the
      guy that showed him has been using it for some years now.

      http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ProfessorHammock#p/u/4/Yw6P3pHt8KI

      Seems to me that he's going out of his way to make it more safe (counter
      weight and half hitched) when he could just start with an Artillery
      Loop<http://notableknotindex.webs.com/artilleryloop.html>-Trucker's
      Hitch and be better off.

    • Heather Twist
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        I sure like his hammock idea better than sleeping on the cold hard ground!

        The hollow braid idea looks clean and it would be easy enough for
        other people in the group to use. Problem with trucker's hitches etc.
        is trying not to confuse one's kids and spouse.

        On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Ken Gray <kenegray@...> wrote:
        > A friend of mine send me this today.  it's about a guy who uses hollow braid
        > cord to make an adjustable loop for hanging hammocks by placing the end of
        > the rope back through the middle.  At the risk of starting a flame war (and
        > who doesn't like a good flame war? 80))   ) what are thoughts about it.  the
        > guy that showed him has been using it for some years now.
        >

        > http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ProfessorHammock#p/u/4/Yw6P3pHt8KI
        >>

        > Seems to me  that he's going out of his way to make it more safe (counter
        > weight and half hitched) when he could just start with an Artillery
        > Loop<http://notableknotindex.webs.com/artilleryloop.html>-Trucker's
        > Hitch and be better off.

        Heather Twist
        http://eatingoffthefoodgrid.blogspot.com/