Central Florida Knot Tyers...

  • Don Burrhus
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
      I think that it is about time that we have another local get-together... I
      have arranged for the usual place on Saturday, January 23rd from 10:00a.m. -
      4:00 p.m..

      It will be a simple, informal get-together with some light food... I have
      scheduled a long block of time so that it will be worth the drive for those
      who come from further away.

      Please to bring some of your knotwork, you favorite tools and the materials
      in which you like to work. I will have some cord and tools on hand for
      people to work with. You do not need to be a member of the IGKT or the NAB
      to come...

      For those of you who are seeing this for the first time, we will meet at the
      beautiful, new Gateway Center for the Arts building in Debary, FL. It is
      located two miles off of I-4 (Exit 111-B) From the exit, head West on Saxon
      Blvd headed into "Orange City." Drive about 1.9 miles to the West end of
      Saxon Blvd where you will turn left onto 17-92 South and take an immediate
      right into the Gateway Center parking lot. (If you are a GPS user... it is
      at 28.911583, -81.303436) If you would like a local map of the location and
      turn-by turn detailed directions, please send me an e-mail and I will send
      you a map.

      I hope to see you there! Please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you
      have ANY questions at all...

      Don Burrhus

      donb@...

      www.weknot.com

    • Don Burrhus
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 4, 2010
        Hi!

        I think that it is about time that we have another local get-together... I
        have arranged for the usual place on Saturday, March 20th from 10:00-4:00
        p.m..

        It will be a simple, informal get-together with some light food... I have
        scheduled a long block of time so that it will be worth the drive for those
        who come from further away.

        Please bring some of your knotwork, you favorite tools and the materials in

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 4, 2010
            I SO look froward to these, thanks Don.
            cu there
            Rick
            skyout

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 4, 2010
              don... i'll be out of town at that time... have to go see my son in hawaii.... i know... it's tough, but someone has to do it... will get back with you at return and share anything that i come across out there... bill

              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 4, 2010
                Oh My you are only 2 hours away yet I don't know that I can make it... but I will get to it soon. How often do you all meet?

                Joyfully twisted in my knots!! Marcella
                www.MarcellaRuso.com

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 6, 2010
                  Don,

                  You guys are killing me! I want to be there with you guys sharing and learning, but I can't. I am overhere in California.

                  Peace,
                  Manny.

                  Salud, Dinero, y Amor.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 7, 2010
                    Have you hooked up with the Pacific Americas Branch yet?
                    http://www.igktpab.org/

                    They have a meeting scheduled for this week in L.A. and I wish that I could
                    be THERE.

                    -Don B.

                    _____

                    From: Don Burrhus <donb@... <mailto:donb%40donb.com> >
                    Marlinspikeknotwork <mailto:Marlinspikeknotworks%40yahoogroups.com>
                    s@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Thu, March 4, 2010 6:28:40 PM

                    Hi!

[...]

                    donb@... <mailto:donb%40donb.com>

                  • Lindsey Philpott
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 7, 2010
                      Manuel,

                      You are more than welcome to join us in San Pedro on Tuesday night 7 pm through 9 pm.  Map and contact information at www.igktpab.org

                      Join us!

                      Lindsey
                      Board Member IGKTPAB

                      ____________ _________ _________ __

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 13, 2010
                        Lindsey,

                        I got exited for your invitation. Thankyou so much. I just took into this craft of knotting, and I think I am getting addicted to it. hehe I think it would be very nice to share some of my projects with others and also to learn from others that have the same interest as me. I been wanting to learn more challinging knots. Such as the Turk's Head Knots and the Pine Apple Knots etc., etc.,  and what better place to learn then with people with the same intrest of knotting. Lindsey, is this meeting every Tuesday only? I say I am about 74 miles from the Port of San Pedro, California. About an hour away from where I live. Thankyou for inviting me and I hope I can meet you some day.  ;-) Lindsey. I have a daughter. She is eleven years old. Can children attend this meeting for knotting too.

                        Peace,
                        Manny.

                        Salud, Dinero, y Amor.

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 13, 2010
                          Don,

                          Thankyou for the info. I just wrote to Lindsey. He shared the same info as you did with me. I thankyou again for this. Have a great day! ;-)

                          Peace,
                          Manny.

                          Salud, Dinero, y Amor.

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 15, 2010
                            Welcome Manny!!

                            Joyfully twisted in my knots!! Love, Marcella
                            www.MarcellaRuso.com

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 16, 2010
                              Hello Manny,

                              Great!  Your daughter is welcome to attend with you - did you find the directions OK?  Our meetings are once a month only on the second Tuesday of each month.  Our last meeting was on March 9th and our next meeting is April 13th.  We are looking forward to meeting you both.

                              Lindsey
                              Board Member IGKTPAB

                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 17, 2010
                                Count me in again ! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
                                --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Don Burrhus" <donb@...> wrote:

                                > Hi!
                                >

                                > I think that it is about time that we have another local get-together... I
                                > have arranged for the usual place on Saturday, March 20th from 10:00-4:00
                                > p.m..
                                >

                                > It will be a simple, informal get-together with some light food... I have
                                > scheduled a long block of time so that it will be worth the drive for those
                                > who come from further away.
                                >

                                > Please bring some of your knotwork, you favorite tools and the materials in
                                > which you like to work. I will have some cord and tools on hand for people
                                > to work with. You do not need to be a member of the IGKT or the NAB to
                                > come...
                                >

                                > For those of you who are seeing this for the first time, we will meet at the
                                > beautiful, new Gateway Center for the Arts building in Debary, FL. It is
                                > located two miles off of I-4 (Exit 111-B) From the exit, head West on Saxon
                                > Blvd headed into "Orange City." Drive about 1.9 miles to the West end of
                                > Saxon Blvd where you will turn left onto 17-92 South and take an immediate
                                > right into the Gateway Center parking lot. (If you are a GPS user... it is
                                > at 28.911583, -81.303436) If you would like a local map of the location and
                                > turn-by turn detailed directions, please send me an e-mail and I will send
                                > you a map.
                                >

                                > I hope to see you there!
                                >

                                > Don Burrhus
                                >
                                > donb@...

                              • Manuel Zambrano
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 18, 2010
                                  Thankyou Marcella. Wow! I didn't know the knotting community was so nice, and wellcoming. You guys are grrrrrrrreat. hehe

                                  Manny.

                                  Salud, Dinero, y Amor.

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 18, 2010
                                    We are small yet big in the nice!!!

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Aug 16, 2010
                                      Hi!

                                      I think that it is about time that we have another local get-together... I
                                      have arranged for the usual place on Saturday, September 11th, from 10:00
                                      a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. The NEXT gathering after that will be on Saturday,
                                      October 30th, so please mark your calendars for that one too!

                                      It will be a simple, informal get-together with some light food... I have
                                      scheduled a long block of time so that it will be worth the drive for those
                                      who come from further away.

                                      Please bring some of your knotwork, you favorite tools and the materials in
                                      which you like to work. I will also have some cord and tools on hand for
                                      people to work with. You do not need to be a member of the IGKT or the NAB
                                      to come...

                                      For those of you who are seeing this for the first time, we will meet at the
                                      beautiful, new Gateway Center for the Arts building in Debary, FL. It is
                                      located two miles off of I-4 (Exit 111-B) From the exit, head West on Saxon
                                      Blvd headed into "Orange City." Drive about 1.9 miles to the West end of
                                      Saxon Blvd where you will turn left onto 17-92 South and take an immediate
                                      right into the Gateway Center parking lot. (If you are a GPS user... it is
                                      at 28.911583, -81.303436) If you would like a local map of the location and
                                      turn-by turn detailed directions, please send me an e-mail and I will send
                                      you a map.

                                      If you happen to be coming to Central Florida from elsewhere for vacation
                                      one of those dates, please feel free to join us! The meeting place is about
                                      on hour north of Disney World and the other attractions.

                                      Don Burrhus

                                      donb@...

                                      www.weknot.com

                                      508-846-4358

                                    • Don Burrhus
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 8, 2010
                                        Just a quick reminder that this Saturday's knot tying get together is still
                                        on.

                                        We will be at the usual place on Saturday, September 11th, from 10:00 a.m.
                                        to 4:00 p.m.. Also, the NEXT gathering after that will be on Saturday,
                                        October 30th, so please mark your calendars for that one too!

                                        I have been asked by the staff at the Gateway center that we try to park in
                                        their new overflow parking area which is the green space beside the building
                                        on the North side

                                        If you want more details, feel free to ask!

                                        Don Burrhus

                                        donb@...

                                      • Marcella Ruso
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 8, 2010
                                          I am in school and will be out in March... I plan on going after that!

                                          Joyfully twisted in knots!! Yours, Marcella
                                          www.MarcellaRuso.com

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 9, 2010
                                            Morning Don,

                                            My facility is having our annual inventory and it starts Friday and continues on
                                            Saturday. My facility is in Davenport, Florida so I will try to leave as so as I
                                            can. Last year we finished around 1pm. I hope to be able to attend.

                                            Thanks
                                            Humberto "Chief" Alvarez