Re: [KnotTyers] Back on track...

  • Ian Bambury
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi Chris,
      Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I've had a lot on.

      Here's a link to a photo montage
      http://roughian.com/knot_img/honda_knots.png

      I'll amend the original question, adding in references to the photos.

      In a normal Honda Knot, you add an overhand stopper knot to [1]

      but you ca take the free end around the 'bow' of the overhand and back
      through from where it came [2]

      The result, when tightened up, is a very stable (and neat triangular) knot
      where you can trim the loose end to practically nothing with no danger of it
      pulling free [3]

      It may well be in ABOK, but I can't find it - I've seen it somewhere - does
      anyone know what it is called? Or why the stopper version is preferred?

      Also, Ashley is quite disparaging about 'enhancing' the Honda by using a
      figure of eight, but if you reeve the loose end through the higher loop on
      the same side [4], in the same way, and then reeve through the loop the
      standing part passes through [5] you end up with a loop you can adjust the
      size of but which will still lock if under tension.

      I've never seen that one anywhere that I remember, (and I admit the uses
      are fairly limited) but I'm sure that I wasn't the first to discover it, so
      if you have a link or reference to it, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Ian

      http://examples.roughian.com

      2009/9/19 Mad Charity Black <Christin27@...>

      > Photos would be most appreciated...
      >
      > Your explanations are good, but it helps much when one can add a mental
      image to match up with the words.

      > Thanks for the offer!
      >
      > Aloha no kakou,
      >
      > Chris

    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
        Wow! Seriously cool - and no worries in the time to get back to me. Not a high priority, and I do believe we all do the best we can.

        Thanks for getting back with these photos at all - have a great weekend!!

        Aloha no kakou,

        Chris

        To: knottyers@yahoogroups.com
        From: ianbambury@...