Fishing type net.

  • cwoodkiter
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
      Hey all I was wondering if anyone knows of a place I can go to learn to tie a fishing net...or a hammock net, please. :-)

      Thanks all,
      Brock
    • william gura
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
        the Ashley Book of Knots is a good place to start...

        Hey all I was wondering if anyone knows of a place I can go to learn to tie a fishing net...or a hammock net, please. :-)

        Thanks all,
        Brock

      • asemery
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
          Try the "Nets and Net Making" Forum at
          http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7
        • lonelynoose
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
            WOW. This site you posted is very informative. Lots of nice stuff in there. Thanks! Are there any other good forums I'm missing out on?

            Randy

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, asemery <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Try the "Nets and Net Making" Forum at
            > http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7

          • dschurricanes
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
              --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "cwoodkiter" <bledden@...> wrote:

              > Hey all I was wondering if anyone knows of a place I can go to learn to tie a fishing net...or a hammock net, please. :-)
              >
              > Thanks all,
              > Brock

              MAKE NETS HERE'S HOW BY H T LUDGATE
              Make Nets, Heres How is a book that teaches you how to make and mend landing nets, live nets, turtle traps, cast nets, drag seines, hammocks and bridge lift nets. Written by Herb Ludgate, 72 page, spiral bound, illustrated instruction book.
              Catalog # 735121
              In Stock
              $7.15 / EACH

              #100 NET MAKING KIT
              Netcraft Net Making Kit #100 teaches you to make landing nets, live nets, turtle traps, cast nets, drag seines, hammocks, bridge lift nets, tote bags, plus net repair. Kit includes instruction book -Make Nets - Heres How- Net Holding Clamp, hinged steel rings, 4 shuttles and 4 gauges. Everything you need to make & repair nets except Bonded Nylon Twine.
              Catalog # 970100
              In Stock
              $23.95 / EACH

              FISHERMAN'S KNOTS & NETS
              Fishermans Knots and Nets Handbook is jam packed with practical and valuable information for fishermen everywhere. Fishermans Knots and Nets handbook describes the hundreds of ties and bends used to connect line to the many types and kinds of hooks, leaders, lures, nets, traps and seines. Clear, detailed illustrations. making and repairing nets is thoroughly covered as well as making and repairing of traps and seines. 178 pages.
              Catalog # 735104
              In Stock
              $8.99 / EACH

              This is the web site ...BE safe...Don Jann's Netcraft Fishing Tackle
              Features lure and net making, rod building, fly tying, and a catalog of products.www.jannsnetcraft.com - Cached
            • Frank
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
                Google can also be a good place to start.

                <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unc2m4s_6Z8>

                --
                Frank

              • cwoodkiter