Re: How come

  • Mike in Ar
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 22, 2008
      Oh... I never got an activation email back from the server.....
      Nada.... did the signup thing and typed in the verification
      code and it said it would reply with the email but it never
      came.... This was several hours ago .....

      I'm in now though so thanks...

      Mike...

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 22, 2008
        Hey Dan,

        If your new forum allow it you might restrict the membership like I
        do here -- it is some work but almost eliminates the spam here.

        Just a reminder -- since you joined so long ago -- I vett each
        membership, and only members that post a few on-topic posts get un-
        restricted access to the group. That way I know everyone is a
        serious knot-head. I've only had to boot a hand full since then.

        Hope your keeping well.

        Ed

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 22, 2008
          Hi Ed...

          Although I don't post very much on the group here. It's been a
          wealth of information in the topics posted and archived...

          Thanks for all ya do here..

          Mike...

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, knotslipstick <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Hey Dan,
          >
          > If your new forum allow it you might restrict the membership like I
          > do here -- it is some work but almost eliminates the spam here.
          >
          > Just a reminder -- since you joined so long ago -- I vett each
          > membership, and only members that post a few on-topic posts get un-
          > restricted access to the group. That way I know everyone is a
          > serious knot-head. I've only had to boot a hand full since then.
          >
          > Hope your keeping well.
          >
          > Ed
          >
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, knot tyer <knot_tyer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hello Mike...
          > > ....the old forum had over 10,000 spam messages
          > > and i almost gave up but i found the new forum and
          > > so far there has been no spam!!....
          > >
          > > ....i don't see you on the members list??...what
          > > is your nickname there??...i can easily activate you....
          > > ....most folks are activated when they answer the forum
          > > activation email notice but some folks forget??!....
          > >
          > >     http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/
          > >
          > > ...Dan-Alaska
          > >

          > > ________________________________

        • knot tyer
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 22, 2008
            hello Ed...
            ...since moving the forum i haven't had one problem!!!...
            ...the new forum seems to be doing ok and there are
            some very good knot tyers posting some nice information!....
            ...i can ban anyone with the push of a button but not one
            bad post yet!!....the forum is just getting started and i'm hoping
            "The Ditty Bag Project" will start soon....showing how to make
            a first-rate ditty bag from scratch!...
            Dan-Alaska
               http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/